Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

cassette stuck in.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 01:03 AM
Default cassette stuck in.

I use a cassete adapter to play my mp3 player. but 2 day's ago it became stuck. i tried to pry it out but it won't budge. it was 108 degrees a few days' ago and the cassette is about 2 years old maybe. could it have melted? i presse eject and nothing happens, i press the tape button and nothing happens. it's playing the radio ok no problems there.
has anyone had this problem.
please help.

Attached Thumbnails cassette stuck in.-100_2822.jpg   cassette stuck in.-100_2824.jpg  
Old 06-11-2010, 08:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My guess would be to let the casette stay for a couple days and stop sticking stuff in. If the casette's plastic just expanded some, don't ruin the mechanics in the process.

Hopefully your weather will cool off some and the tape will shrink a little.

If nothing, you may have to remove the radio and take it to a pro. Having someone remove it would be a lot easier than fixing the mechanics if you break them trying to force it out.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:31 AM

Hi `Abbert,
Check out the below links...I hope they give you some insight into your problem. Good Luck

Cassette Decks - eHow.com

How to Use a Cassette Adapter to Play Your MP3 Through Your Car Stereo Cassette Deck ... Although you will rarely be able to repair your own cassette deck, you may be able to ... How to Remove Stuck Audio Tape From a Car Tape Deck ...
www.ehow.com/cassette-decks/ - Cached

WikiAnswers - How can you repair a cassette player

How does the cassette adapter which can be used to listen MP3 players on your car ... How do you repair cassette tape player? Is there a way to repair a ...
wiki.answers.com/Q/How_can_you_repair_a_cassette_player - Cached - Similar

..Hope the above helped...Also, check back on your thread to see what other member's post...tHANKS Mod `Mike...Good advise...*Turn up you A/C & be `Kewl : )

Old 06-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Talking

Thanks for the suggestions, I read most of the link kid space sent me and I decided to have a pro look at it first, if it's too expensive to do, I'll try something myself.
If not, this is the perfect excuse for a new head unit.

I'll get back with my findings

Old 06-12-2010, 12:26 AM

i would have disasembled it myself. but thats me. i take all kinds of things like that apart

Old 06-12-2010, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by lucian*91
i would have disasembled it myself. but thats me. i take all kinds of things like that apart
....LOL `Chris, I do the same I'm super `great @ taking things apart ,,,,My problem is try'in 2 put them back 2gether ....I seem to fail the majority of the time : )

Old 06-12-2010, 09:31 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree with what Mike said. Im sure you dont want to do it yourself, but I have put tons of stuff in the freezer to get it loose or back together. Id put the whole radio in, and then hit the outsides of it with a hair dryer. lol

Old 06-12-2010, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by KidSpace
....LOL `Chris, I do the same I'm super `great @ taking things apart ,,,,My problem is try'in 2 put them back 2gether ....I seem to fail the majority of the time : )

Old 06-13-2010, 10:37 PM

So i went to a car audio place and the guy, after looking at it, told me that he would charge me $50 to take out the cassete and quoted me $180 to fix it "could be less".

So since for that price i can get a badass headunit i plan to open it up ( i'll post pics ) and hopefully fix it.
Or this will be my father's day gift.

What do you guys think.
My only worry is, how will i take off the messages on the message center like, service engine soon or low tire preassure?

Old 06-13-2010, 10:43 PM

there are other ways of doing it manually. its not hard to take a radio apart either. you may need a security torx bit though. as a side note, dont take out every screw you see, try taking stuff off in groups so you have less parts scatered all around. alot easier to remember how to reassemble it again. and it will probably work once you have the tape out. its probably just not comming in contact with the reader at that moment

Quick Reply: cassette stuck in.