Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

capacitor/battery

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 06:34 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005
Default RE: capacitor/battery

if your run the alt at a lower arp it wont have as much energy going in the alt cant magicly come up with 1000 rpms out of no where

Old 05-29-2005, 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: big green dog

if your run the alt at a lower arp it wont have as much energy going in the alt cant magicly come up with 1000 rpms out of no where
preach on it!

Old 05-29-2005, 06:47 PM

under stand your trying to help but it is up to you to come up with the advers effects this is kind of like the dex crap thread, you now have burden of proof.

I love mine on my old car and i gaied 10 horse power from them,
so i dont see a bad effect on that,

Old 05-29-2005, 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

under stand your trying to help but it is up to you to come up with the advers effects this is kind of like the dex crap thread, you now have burden of proof.

I love mine on my old car and i gaied 10 horse power from them,
so i dont see a bad effect on that,
This ain't a courtroom, and it's not my car, nor will I have to deal with any issues you guys may encounter by putting them on.

Like I said earlier, yes you will gain some hp, but like most other power adders, there are some potential side effects that need to be addressed as well.

Old 05-29-2005, 07:23 PM

from what i know about electiricity the alt is just a bunch of wires wraped around and the fastesr the input into the alt is the more the amp will put out. this is coming from basic knowledge of 11th rgade physics so i could be wrong but i think thats what it does but anyways my question is anwsered so there is no need to keep argueing

Old 05-29-2005, 07:47 PM

your right on your thought dog. this would be about the truth on it

but the older cars had the external regulaters on them the news ones do not

but they are the same for the most part so tey will charge or ba. till it hits a set poitn for the reg to turn off the current threw to your bat. then untill there is a call for it from the bat at that time it will open again and allow current.

So with that said the under drives allow it to spin slower still doing the sme jo and releseing the extra HP. Releaseing teh energy to drive the ***. with the larger pullies on them.

good luck let me knwow hat ya find out on this so we know . I to will be adding a system to mne later on but the information would be a good thing to know!

Old 05-30-2005, 01:03 AM

from what i know about electiricity the alt is just a bunch of wires wraped around and the fastesr the input into the alt is the more the amp will put out. this is coming from basic knowledge of 11th rgade physics so i could be wrong but i think thats what it does but anyways my question is anwsered so there is no need to keep argueing
Just goes to show that you don't know much. Cause if you were as smart as you think you are, you would know that the strength of the current generated depends on the speed of the rotor, the strength of the magnetic field, and the size of the coil. The more perpendicular the magnetic field is to the wound wires of the coil, the greater the electrical current and energy output. And the more wires you can get wrapped around the coils, the greater increase in output as well. Which is exactly why people get their alternators "rewound". You may need to take 11th grade physics over again.

Old 05-30-2005, 02:38 AM

why do you have to go and start stuff i said thats all i knew cuz thats all i had taken i wasnt trying to sound all smart i was just sayin what i knew if you have to go and try and start stuff every where you go maybe you need to go and take ur honda back and try to fit in with the ricers again cuz obviously not that many people like you here

Old 05-30-2005, 03:05 AM

why do you have to go and start stuff i said thats all i knew cuz thats all i had taken i wasnt trying to sound all smart i was just sayin what i knew if you have to go and try and start stuff every where you go maybe you need to go and take ur honda back and try to fit in with the ricers again cuz obviously not that many people like you here
Deleted!!!!!!!

Second and final warning...... No personal attacks....

TVW

Old 05-30-2005, 03:09 AM

see why you gotta start stuff i droped everything and then you bring it all back up with ur bs posts

Quick Reply: capacitor/battery