Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Camaro seats in 01 Monte Carlo SS FINISHED ! :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 11:52 AM

Are the seats electric (6 way)

Old 02-15-2014, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by DEI Monte SS 04
Are the seats electric (6 way)
Mine are 100% electric! both sides...

Old 02-16-2014, 10:45 AM

Looks very comefe

Old 02-26-2014, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by MJClemm
thanks... by the looks of your car i thnk yiou would be able to do this easily... believe me it wsnt very hard.... just took some measuring and cutting...... the steering wheel... now that may be mnore then i can deal with, but.... gotta try before i say it cant be done....... thanks...mjclemm
If you don't want to deal with the steering wheel, why not try to swap it out with the steering wheel of a C5 Corvette? The spline would more than likely be the same (not sure what year GM changed splines), and it would give your M/C a better looking steering wheel. I know someone on a forum that did that to his 2002 Camaro, but the only problem was that the clocksprings were different. He had to take his clockspring out to get it to sit flush. It still wouldn't be a bad idea, it would be a lot more easier than the 2010 Camaro.

Throwing the idea out there...

Here's a thread if you want to look at what I mean
LS1TECH - View Single Post - #OneMan'sTrash Project Build

Old 02-27-2014, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Nas Escobar
If you don't want to deal with the steering wheel, why not try to swap it out with the steering wheel of a C5 Corvette? The spline would more than likely be the same (not sure what year GM changed splines), and it would give your M/C a better looking steering wheel. I know someone on a forum that did that to his 2002 Camaro, but the only problem was that the clocksprings were different. He had to take his clockspring out to get it to sit flush. It still wouldn't be a bad idea, it would be a lot more easier than the 2010 Camaro.

Throwing the idea out there...

Here's a thread if you want to look at what I mean
LS1TECH - View Single Post - #OneMan'sTrash Project Build

T may not be a bad idea, except, I already bought the Camaro wheel... It will be delivered by this Saturday..
I'm hoping it won't be all that bad, but we shall see... In the mean time, I'm getting the Gand Priz GTP mirrors painted and installed on the Monte.... Again, just need to figure out the wire diagram.... (For up down, left right ) already got them to fit perfect.. I'm gonna call this Monte FrankinMonte by the time it's done...I am going to go to a junk yard and buy a set of 2001 Camaro headlights and see if I can get them to fit... (Retro lights are a ton cheaper)..... Hope it all goes "Ok.".....
Thanks..mjclemm

Old 03-01-2014, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by MJClemm
T may not be a bad idea, except, I already bought the Camaro wheel... It will be delivered by this Saturday..
I'm hoping it won't be all that bad, but we shall see... In the mean time, I'm getting the Gand Priz GTP mirrors painted and installed on the Monte.... Again, just need to figure out the wire diagram.... (For up down, left right ) already got them to fit perfect.. I'm gonna call this Monte FrankinMonte by the time it's done...I am going to go to a junk yard and buy a set of 2001 Camaro headlights and see if I can get them to fit... (Retro lights are a ton cheaper)..... Hope it all goes "Ok.".....
Thanks..mjclemm
Oh I see... Well I wish you the best of luck to it. You can always bail out before you're in it too deep by just selling it... But it's totally up to you.

The thing about the Camaro head lights is that the Camaro headlights don't have the blinker in them. It's simply a high and low beam set up. The way it mounts to the car is also a bit strange... usually the headlight is held in by screws, but the Camaro's headlight slides into the header panel. I'm not sure how familiar you are with F bodies, but I will tell you, if your goal is to retrofit projector lights, you're better off dismantling your own and going with HID lights and CCFL's. But it's all up to you, I just wouldn't want you to get in too deep into something that may not look good after all is sad and done.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:02 PM

I'm VERY interested in the steering wheel-been wanting to do either Camaro or Corvette wheel in my '03 Monte. The original is wearing out anyway, figure if I'm going to replace I want a nicer one.

Please let me know what kinds of issues you run into. I'm no good at fabrication so if it requires that kind of custom work then I'm out.

Was wondering about the airbag as part of this-by removing the wheel are you leaving yourself without an airbag? I don't plan on getting in a wreck but would prefer to have an airbag just in case...

Old 03-11-2014, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by bfenty
I'm VERY interested in the steering wheel-been wanting to do either Camaro or Corvette wheel in my '03 Monte. The original is wearing out anyway, figure if I'm going to replace I want a nicer one.

Please let me know what kinds of issues you run into. I'm no good at fabrication so if it requires that kind of custom work then I'm out.

Was wondering about the airbag as part of this-by removing the wheel are you leaving yourself without an airbag? I don't plan on getting in a wreck but would prefer to have an airbag just in case...
I agree about the airbag issues, I want one as well, but until I can find one that doesn't cost an arm n leg, I am in the process of making this (see pic) it's not complete yet, but is wrapped in leather and I am making a bezel to go around the center cap. It will also end up with a chevy bow tie made in brushed aluminum. , and yes, the horn will work with it... Thanks for the interest... Mjclemm...

Attached Thumbnails Camaro seats in 01 Monte Carlo SS FINISHED !   :)-image.jpg  
Old 03-11-2014, 09:01 AM

Keep in mind.. This is NOT complete.. It's still a work in process....

Old 05-04-2014, 08:05 PM

Any updates on the wheel?

Quick Reply: Camaro seats in 01 Monte Carlo SS FINISHED ! :)