Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Any "loud" Monte's? 6th Gen's.

  #1  
Old 07-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 63
Default Any "loud" Monte's? 6th Gen's.

I am wondering if anyone has a loud sub stage and does any competing? Id also like to know if anyone has tested their 6th Gen and found the vehicle's resonant frequency?
 
  #2  
Old 07-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 654
Default

Define loud. Im doing a 141.7 on 2 12's out of my trunk, I dont compete though.
 
  #3  
Old 07-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 44
Default

Man i didnt want to say anything but i SUCK AT SECRETS! i just ordered 6 L5 kickers and 2 zx2500.1 all 08 series..... boy oh boy, one hell of a build coming
 
  #4  
Old 07-26-2011, 04:21 AM
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 697
Default

if you wanna know somebody who knows some SPL, talk to bluelanta over at over at DIYMA 12 volt mobile audio car stereo system forum wholesale diymobileaudio.com

he's been doing DB drags and **** since the 90's he knows some ****.
 
  #5  
Old 07-26-2011, 12:14 PM
jaws2008's Avatar

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lancaster PA
Posts: 1,571
Default

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Define loud.
^^^

But I feel mines real loud.. check my youtube and my build thread
 
  #6  
Old 07-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 63
Default

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Define loud. Im doing a 141.7 on 2 12's out of my trunk, I dont compete though.
Like I said, im doing a 142.6 on music with my 1 12.. Id say anything over a 145 is "loud"

Originally Posted by tremayne0126 View Post
Man i didnt want to say anything but i SUCK AT SECRETS! i just ordered 6 L5 kickers and 2 zx2500.1 all 08 series..... boy oh boy, one hell of a build coming
Man you must be planning on having one hell of an electrical system!!

Originally Posted by walkingonabullet View Post
if you wanna know somebody who knows some SPL, talk to bluelanta over at over at DIYMA 12 volt mobile audio car stereo system forum wholale diymobileaudio.com

he's been doing DB drags and **** since the 90's he knows some ****.
I have buddies that compete and one happens to be a national champion. Im just trying too see what people have found to be best in their monte carlo's.

Originally Posted by jaws2008 View Post
^^^

But I feel mines real loud.. check my youtube and my build thread
MT's are beasts! They are basically a flat out SPL sub that can handle gobs of power. How does your sound daily? What did you tune the box too? And how many cubes is it?
 
  #7  
Old 07-26-2011, 02:24 PM
jaws2008's Avatar

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lancaster PA
Posts: 1,571
Default

Originally Posted by wIcKeDmOtNe View Post
MT's are beasts! They are basically a flat out SPL sub that can handle gobs of power. How does your sound daily? What did you tune the box too? And how many cubes is it?
You sent me a comment on Youtube didn't you...?

Im not sure on the cubes of the box but its tuned to 33hz. I think it sounds fine sound quality wise really.. Even better than the 13.5 JL w7 I had before. And the MT is a heck of allot louder. I want to put 8s in the doors for more normal listening but for now its doing great.
 
  #8  
Old 07-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 63
Default

Originally Posted by jaws2008 View Post
You sent me a comment on Youtube didn't you...?

Im not sure on the cubes of the box but its tuned to 33hz. I think it sounds fine sound quality wise really.. Even better than the 13.5 JL w7 I had before. And the MT is a heck of allot louder. I want to put 8s in the doors for more normal listening but for now its doing great.
I think i might have, so the MT does sound alittle better then the W7? I currently have a 10 w7 right now that i never even hooked im just trying to sell it.. ive always read w7's have okay SQ but w6v2's sound much better. Ive also read MT dont have any SQ and are basically ment for SPL and they like alittle higher tuning. I used to run an 05 15'' XXX in my grand prix.. sounded amazing just didnt have the box space to make it really bang.
 
  #9  
Old 07-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 654
Default

How big is ur box wicked? Whats your box alignment? Sub/port up, back, forward/sealed off?
 
  #10  
Old 07-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 63
Default

My current box for the brahma, is around 2.5 cubes sub back and port back. It seems like i have quite a few square inches of port. The subs SQ is unreal and it bangs like no other. The low end extension is very forceful.

One of these weekends im going to run up to a competitors house with a Termlab and do some more testing. Im thinking if i turn the box around i might be able to gain alittle on the meter.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any "loud" Monte's? 6th Gen's.


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.