Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

After Market Alarm Help Needed

Old 05-31-2016, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default After Market Alarm Help Needed

Hi all. I hope someone can help me. I recently purchased a 2003 Monte Carlo SS with an aftermarket Audiovox Prestige alarm installed. I was told by the seller not to use it as it has problems. I noted under the hood that the siren wire has been cut. I connecting the siren and tried it out. It would lock but only sometimes unlock. Trunk will open sometimes with the remotes. If holding the remote buttons, it chirps randomly. The car would start remotely without a problem.

Funny thing is that when the siren was disconnected, I set off the alarm as all the lights in the outside the car were blinking but the car still started and ran. Don't think that was supposed to happen.

I do not know the exact model but I have attached pictures of the spaghetti wiring for it under the dash. I originally thought about just removing it but not sure it would be feasible with the mess of wiring. There are a few cut wires not connected to anything.

I wanted to see if this can be easily removed and factory remotes used or can it be fixed. Not sure if all it needs is a reprogramming or instructions on how to use it.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Attached Thumbnails After Market Alarm Help Needed-img_0361.jpg   After Market Alarm Help Needed-img_0360.jpg   After Market Alarm Help Needed-img_0357.jpg   After Market Alarm Help Needed-img_0358.jpg   After Market Alarm Help Needed-img_0355.jpg  

After Market Alarm Help Needed-img_0354.jpg   After Market Alarm Help Needed-img_0352.jpg   After Market Alarm Help Needed-img_0351.jpg   After Market Alarm Help Needed-img_0350.jpg   After Market Alarm Help Needed-img_0349.jpg  

Search this Thread