Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

4 Headlight/Highbeam Mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 04:15 AM
Default RE: 4 Headlight/Highbeam Mod

thanks for the write up link. I have seen your page before i installed the heated and viberating seats in my car about a month ago or so. Winter comming and all MAN ARE THEY NICE!!! thanks for the idea. I remeber talking with you about them a while ago.

But with the 6th gen the fog light switch that is there is one that when power is lost to it it shuts off. after changing the lights in it to a LED i figured it is basically a ele. mag. type deal when it has piwer it makes contact when no poer it loses it.

What i would like to do is leave it with the stock switch i dont like relays i never could figure them out with out having to stare at them for hours. But i would liek to have the fog lights stay on all the time and not cut out with the hig beam switch. or better yet have the ability to have the fogs and the hig low beams all on at one time.

I plan to go with the silver stars and see if they will help me out more just over here the fog is so thick in the mornings it would be about like driving with your winshield painted with milk and no wipers. if you turn on your lights at all and they are ethier to briute it reflects back at you so i need good fog lights that are low aimed and cut threw this crap. Man i miss the KC day lighters on the jeep about now LOL

Old 10-27-2005, 04:30 AM

well if that is the case with the factory fog switch i would leave the switch. but i would just set up the relay so that when you have your high beams on that is will power up the fogs. and leave the factory wiring for the fogs attached aswell.

Old 10-27-2005, 04:36 AM

basically split the power from the hig beams to teh fogs threw a resitor?

If i am reading this right.

That might work.
see when your drivign with them on and hit your hig beams they turn off but when you turn off the hig beams they will come back on . so it is a interupted circut some place on it.

If it is anythign like the whole DLR issue there are three of them LOL
I can some how see them doing that to this one to so that wedont have any controll over our lights.

I still need to figure out where the dedicated circut for the DLR's are im going to add angel eyes to teh car and see if i can get them to act as the DLR and do it with out a code being throwen.
We shall find out soon i guess/

Thansk for all the info on this.