Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

4 channel amp added

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 10:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default 4 channel amp added

Hi all, I upgraded my stereo system with a 4 channel amp that works wonderful.

This story goes that my 2000 watt koihler amp wasn't working right and since the buisnss who makes those amps went out of buisness my stereo shop promised me his own warranty personally and I had to take him up on it and he replaced my old amp with a mono class d bass amp from planet audio for my subs, works great, I always wanted to bring my system full circle and a 4 channel amp from planet audio does just that.

The install today was a 4 channel and re wiring all door speakers to the amp, adding a digital distrubution fuse block to protect my amps and a custom amp rack that came out great. a 2 and half hour install was worth the wait,

from the outside in the back of my stereo shop to the inside a ways up you could hear my car, this system gets down with like 600 watts to the door speakers and 1200 watts true rms to my subs,

my two channel planet audio amp would cost $200
my four channel planet audio amp cost $150 with install and distrubution block it came to $200 total.

In a couple of weeks I will add a secondary gel battery just so my alternator and regular battery don't take so much abuse, but It works fine as is.

Sweet setup if I may say so. Check out the pics below.

Attached Thumbnails 4 channel amp added-1.jpg   4 channel amp added-2.jpg   4 channel amp added-3.jpg   4 channel amp added-4.jpg