Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Opinion Needed: 01 monte Ss

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 06:08 AM
Talking 01 monte Ss

Hello guys well I have a few issues I was wanting to get some insight on from you guys maybe some of you have similar problem... First my stock amp for speakers doesn't work took it apart and no saving it almost everything had exploded lots of stuff everywhere took it to professional and they are telling me 500 plus bucks to put new amp in wtf... Also my blinkers work when they want unless I hit the dash just above the four way button... Also if I hit four ways some times it will make them work any suggestions will be appreciated

Old 04-02-2014, 07:26 AM

I'd just go with a good after market amp and use a Chilton's manual to trace the correct wiring (turn-on voltage, speaker outs etc). On one of my previous rides I fashioned a complete wiring harness to adapt the stock amp harness to the new aftermarket amp. Not too tough if you have the right wiring harness diagrams. Crutchfield might be able to help there, although I always searched on their site, and bought through Amazon.

As for the blinkers, it's not too tough to disable the airbag and open the cover to the steering column. See if you have dirty contacts on the blinker unit etc....maybe some loose wiring etc.

GM probably still has the amp if you want to stay stock but hard telling....

Old 04-02-2014, 07:57 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

For an amp, I would go aftermarket. You could go to a junk yard and find an amp from a car. I am not really sure how much that would cost though. Your best bet is the aftermarket. If you still have your stock head unit, use a line out converter to get the signal to the amp. There is a right up somewhere here.

For the four ways not always working, it could be the button itself went bad, I think some have had that issue before.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

The hazard switch on these will go bad and cause the blinkers not work, banging above the dash is the temporary fix. Mine has done this since I bought it. Usualy once every two months.