Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

What kind of HI-Flow Cat should I get?

Old 02-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Default What kind of HI-Flow Cat should I get?

I am having somewhat of a hard time deciding what hi flow cat to get maybe you guys can help me. Currently the exhaust is fully stock and I am not changing the mufflers or taking off the resinator. But of coarse I will be deleting the u-bend with this little project. Now my thing is what hi flow cat can i get that won't make my car louder or minimum. I have heard good things about magnaflow but I dont know about the noise level with that. So what do you guys think?

Old 02-06-2008, 01:12 AM
Default RE: What kind of HI-Flow Cat should I get?

the maggie will be your best bet, wont change much since youre running a stock setup, goto their webpage they will have the one made specifically for your car

Old 02-06-2008, 06:03 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: tackett24

I am having somewhat of a hard time deciding what hi flow cat to get maybe you guys can help me. Currently the exhaust is fully stock and I am not changing the mufflers or taking off the resinator. But of coarse I will be deleting the u-bend with this little project. Now my thing is what hi flow cat can i get that won't make my car louder or minimum. I have heard good things about magnaflow but I dont know about the noise level with that. So what do you guys think?
[/align]
[/color]steve cardoso - dracut, mass.u.s.
[/color]2003chevy monte carlo ss[/font]

Ihad the stainless mufflers installed on my 2003 monte carlo ss pace car. along with these great magnaflow products, i also installed the k&n filter-charger kit to my intake. these products added 40 horsepower to my sleeper monte carlo ss with great sound from magnaflow. thanks guys for great products. my car sounds great, thanks to magnaflow.................[/size][/size]
[align=center][/align]

[size=3]00-05
Coming Soon ...
3.4L/3.8L V-6 (including SS),
DUAL REAR EXIT

[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size=1]$888.59
[:-]
[align=center]http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...at=Monte+Carlo[/align]

Old 02-06-2008, 08:10 AM

If you are wanting to do u-bend and have high flow cat, do a random tech downpipe. With the stock mufflers and res still there the car is not going to be loud. Even if you did take the res. out, it will be a little louder but more of a deep quiet rumble. Wiz kidd had high flow cat and res. delete on his Monte and from what he said it sounded good, quiet but nice deep rumble.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:54 AM

I have the Random Technology DP along with SLP cat-back. With the u bend delete and no resonator, the HP increase was very noticable, and the sound is great. Its deep, and not really loud, but there is a constant roar inside. I assume thats from the res delete, though.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:12 PM

There's no sense in doing a hi-flow cat, and keeping your stock resonator.

You're not going to gain anything in terms of performance, and if you do, it won't even be noticeable.

ZZP has a good DP and HF cat combo that includes the u-bend delete. The random tech ones tends to have the small little cat that ends up coughing up a hairball sooner than expected. They have shorter lives on average.

HTH.