Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

My New K&N is installed!

Old 02-07-2008, 01:16 AM
Default My New K&N is installed!

Well I had some time today and I tore into installing the K&N. The directions made it very easy and it was a breeze to install and I love it! I was impressed with the quality of the kit and its appearance

the first thing I noticed was the sound, it is a little louder. I took off for a test run and I was amazed at the difference in throttle response, the thing I guess I like the most is that when I am driving down the road and I get on it I can really hear the trademark supercharger whine! It sounds really cool

Now I don't know how accurate the little trip meter is, but I like to look at the current MPG while i am driving sometimes. And before I installed I drove down the road put the cruise at 60 and it read 23-24, well after the install I drove down the same road and it registered 26-27. We will see on the overall average... only time will tell. But I am one satisfied customer it was a little spendy but well worth it! Next project is Exhaust and U-Bend delete...from there I am undecided. I have too many (expensive) hobbies and not enuf money so all the many mods I want will just take time.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:04 AM
Default RE: My New K&N is installed!

Hi `Nathan,
Thanks for posting a pic, plus your review on your K&N
install. Keep us updated on MPG increase + or - : )
I just know when I had a CAI my MPG dropped because I was
always gett'in on `it to hear the sounds of the intake.
It has to be a moreawesome sound with the
SuperCharger Scream'in.
Intall looks super, but so does your Awesome Monte.
EnJoy the Increase Power.
`Space

Old 02-07-2008, 03:04 PM

Damn!! Im jealous.. Man that looks good. I've been debating most of the day if I was going to order a CAI from ZZP today. I decided to give it one more week so I can drive to ZZP and get my PCM adjusted at the same time.

03 Sleeper SS

Old 02-07-2008, 03:37 PM

Glad to see you got it on
I dont have a supercharger but I can definately here it sucking in air

Old 02-07-2008, 08:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like the smooth tube the best. I also saw an instant 2 mpg increase with my K&N CAI.

ORIGINAL: 03 Sleeper SS
Damn!! Im jealous.. Man that looks good. I've been debating most of the day if I was going to order a CAI from ZZP today. I decided to give it one more week so I can drive to ZZP and get my PCM adjusted at the same time.
03 Sleeper SS
GOOD LUCK on getting them to adjust yout PCM. They tried, but the security system went BOZO on him. He finally removed the PCM from the car and ending up installing a new PCM instead. Not sure what happened.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:50 PM

Help me out here. This Kit is a Cold Air Intake. But, looking at it under the hood it appears that the Air Filter Element is totally inside the Engine Compartment and would be drawing Air heated by the Engine or coming-off the Radiator.
Is this something for Monte's running Turbo's; only?

Old 02-07-2008, 09:08 PM

Rick-
The K&N FIPK works on both supercharged and naturally aspirated Montes. It does draw in cold air because there is a hole behind the headlight for cold air to get in. The purpose of the heat sheild is to block out hot engine air and make sure that most of the air that the filter sucks in is air cold from the vent behind the headlight

Old 02-07-2008, 09:34 PM

I saw the hole where the Air gets drawn-in when I had my driver-side headlight out. This Kit must increase the Cubic Feet per Minute rate over the Stock configuration, then ... right?
More power?
A measurable amount?

Old 02-08-2008, 05:09 AM

Very nice, Nathan. I bet it sounds great when the turbo kicks in, and it's amazing what a few more horsies feel like, isn't it?

Rick, don't see one for your car, but for the 2004 SS the K&NFIPK adds 13.37 hp at 5200 rpm. You can surely feel it.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=57-3045

Old 02-08-2008, 08:31 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks awesome! I love my k&n!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My New K&N is installed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.