Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

WeaponR?

Old 10-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Default WeaponR?

I've read lots of posts about the K&N, a few on the WizAired and some on the Speedbuilt FWI, as well as homegrown options. I don't have the time or mechanical expertise to do it myself, so: Of the above listed options, or the Weapon-R types, which is better? Anyone that has real-world experience with any of these, please post why you chose what you chose, etc. Thanks.

Old 10-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Default RE: WeaponR?

i have heard people that have used the wizaired one and like it. i wouldnt spend the money on the speedbuilt FWI cause you can build a FWI your self even cheeper. i know you dont have experience, but i have a writeup on my WWW on how to do it. its really easy. depending on the year,(im assuming you have a later gen GP or Monte) then you wont have to move the battery, just cover the computer for the car. just go to my profile and you'll find my website.

the FWI is the easyest way to get a good cold air source. if you seal the filter to keep hot engine bay air out of the fender and wrap simple insulation around the tube, you will keep the intake air temp down REALLY well. read up and give it a shot... if it doesnt work then go with the wizaired air and then put extra insulation around it. but those are your best options.

Old 10-15-2006, 11:43 PM

Thx Phoenix, I'll look into it.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:44 PM

The Wizaired is actually the "easiest" method. Takes about 1/2 hr to install once you get it. The FWI can take a bit more depending on your application. 3 hours or so if it is home made when you consider: building plans, driving to the store, cutting and drilling any material, cussing because something doesn't line up, etc.

Wizaired is more expensive: $240 plus an additional $40 for the filter, but it lines up great with a bit of monkeying around. I just wish it looked better... Maybe I'll paint mine black sometime but that would attract heat...

Old 11-03-2006, 04:53 PM

LoL.. my car's already black, so that wouldn't be an issue. Thanks for the input.

Old 11-04-2006, 01:58 PM

I have a K&N in my car and i like it the fit was good and it came with a huge plastic intake pipe most come with a ribed rubber pipe. the only thing is that when the car is cold the filter is really loud but the performance is great even after a 6 hour highway trip no fade in performance due to heat

Old 12-03-2006, 01:25 AM

fartcan...

Old 12-03-2006, 01:27 AM

ORIGINAL: djizzle

fartcan...
LOL!!!

Old 12-03-2006, 04:31 PM

Well I actually just order and received the JMB Performance FWI. I haven't put it on yet, but it looks a lot better than the Speedbuilt system. You can go to their website, they powdercoat them just about any color you want, and are in the 200-230 price range depending on the specific color you want. They already come with the 7" K&N filter. The only downside of it, is on the Monte Carlos you need to trim the inside fender well brace, so the filter will fit all the way into the fender. Only takes about 30-45 mins. to install, looks and sounds great, and is very affordable.

Old 12-03-2006, 05:23 PM

JMB is a really good choice for a FWI and an excellent choice if you plan to show off your engine. I have a Wizaired which is awesome!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.