Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Want cusom Exhaust...but have Q's

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Default Want cusom Exhaust...but have Q's

Ok, ide like to get a new exhaust on my 03 LS in the coming months. I figure i csn but the tips and mufflers online to save money and take it to a local shop and save some money. My question is what size is the tubing, i think thats the right question. i would hate to buy tips and mufflers and they not fit.

and, anyone recomend what types of mufflers and tips look good? i plan to have duel goeing straight back to the little indentions in the back bumper.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Default RE: Want cusom Exhaust...but have Q's

2.5" will be good. your factory system is a bit smaller prob about 2-2.25" but they have tools to stretch the tubing to make it fit.

as for the muffler. i personally have heard that the flowmasters sound good but dont flow well. magnaflows flow well because they are straight thru, but will be louder.

here is what i am running right now and i love it:
-factory 2.5" down pipe
-High Flow Cat 2.5"
-Magnaflow muffler can style 6"x14" -2.5" dia
-2.5" Glass pack where the factory resonator was next to the gas tank
-Y pipe into equal lenght Vett style tips.

the entire system is straight thru with no restriction. it is nice and loud/deep behind the car, but has about the same interior noise as the factory system. when you go up a bridge or are next to a large truck you can hear the sound. i love it!

one thing to keep in mind is to keep it comfortable if you take the car on the highway for trips... a loud system will drive you mad! that is why i got rid of my side pipe and added in the glass pack and put the tips on. the tone in the car was just horable on the highway.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Default RE: Want cusom Exhaust...but have Q's

see the 78 i had was a set of headders, glass packs that were bolted straight to them and then the rest was a stright pipe to right in back of the wheels with true duals front to back. the sound was some what loud but then it was great to know that others could hear ya comming to LOL

but on the highway you had to go fast enough to out run the sound LOL