Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

TOG Headers....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Default RE: TOG Headers....

Yah, you're right about the programmer... damn... Maybe I should hold off on the Catback and get the Tuner instead...

Orrr BOTH

Arg

DAMN YOU DAN THE DEVIL's ADVOCATE!! lol!

Oh, and I'm still torn on the catback selection

Thanks for the advice!

-Keegan

Old 09-19-2007, 06:00 PM

Thestock exhaust system is actually pretty free flowing till 300 WHP which you won't be to yet. Changing it before hand will help, but not as exponentially as when you hit 300.

Got Borla?

I'd really suggest the tuner. Realistically this should be the first mod anyone does, but we all don't.

What were you thinking for an exhaust?

Old 09-19-2007, 06:05 PM

Well, I cant see spending 900 bucks on Borla, it sounds great, but I cant spend it when I could spend it on so many other things...

I am heading in the direction of the SLP PowerFlow...

And the tuner will be shortly thereafter, but before the pulley. You are right...

Good on ya for that one...

Sometimes I need a reality check... thanks Dan

-Keegan

Oh, here, check out a 3400 with the SLP, WITHOUT the TOG headers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSnYsKouCc

Old 09-19-2007, 06:41 PM

I'll have to check that when I get home. The SLP catback I hear is pretty good as well.

When do you get back to start this project?

Old 09-19-2007, 06:51 PM

Welll Though the Army wont give me steady dates, mainly for security purposes, I am hoping that I can start on the 1st of November...Maybe a few days earlier

Lemme know what you think of the SLP... I am only worried that the lack of resonator will give me a nasty drone on the inside of the car.. although the only time I will care will be in winter when the windows are up... I dunno...

I'm also considering electronic cutouts for at the track.....

Old 09-19-2007, 07:21 PM

Electric cutouts are nice for the strip.

I would be worried about drone as well. I see alot of the issues of drone with the Cat and Resonator. I kept my resonator in and when I got my SLP Cat in the downpipe it quited the drone down a bit. Alas I lost some HP doing it as well. I might go to straight pipe but dang that is loud.

Can't wait to hear how it is going when get back.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:55 PM

ever thought about just a custom 3" exhaust with what ever mufflers you want (BORLA)
I would think you could get the set up from a shop for a good price but i am not sure

just a thought though

Old 09-19-2007, 08:56 PM

A customer exhaust would be a good idea as well. You could get the larger downpipe then as well right away. I just wouldn't worry about it till these first mods are done. You don't get really "that" much extra horsepower at this level for the cost the exhaust would be. It would just sound a hell of alot better.

Thinking about a cam as well?

Old 09-20-2007, 04:58 AM

See, I am actually thinking about only installing the highflow cat downpipe combo and my headers, and seeing how much louder it makes the stock exhaust... THEN perhaps I will go ahead and install an aftermarket system later...

I know that it doesn't make a lick of difference what catback exhaust I go with right off the bat performance wise, but I love the sound of aftermarket systems...

As far as a cam, I am holding off...

My goal is to do this exhaust, and like you read previously, the pulley drop, and roller rockers

After that, I am hoping to do the cam, heads, forged piston heads, you know, the whole valve train, next spring. Mainly because once I tear apart the engine, I dont want to have to do it again, and spend ANOTHER 180 bucks on new gaskets, etc. It is a waste of money when I can do it all at the same time...

Once I do that, I will be taking it extremely easy on my car, to break in the piston heads, and to save my tranny.

I figure I'm gonna wanna blow out my tranny. Why? might you ask? Because I wanna see what it can take, so that I can help other members out in letting them know what may or may not happen once you do certain modifications...

Besides, I dont have a whole lot to lose, as ZZP could send me a tranny in no time, I could have it towed to my local shop, and installed.

Sorry for the rambling.. I'm getting more and more anxious everyday to get home...

You can bet there will be a whole lot of videos on my website once I get home too...

-Keegan

Old 09-20-2007, 11:19 AM

When I installed my rockers I drove about 500 miles lightly just to make sure they were broke in and no probs so far.

Not sure if you just want to go out and toast a transmission. I've heard alot of those stories on other websites. Also each transmission is going to handle the power differently too. I'm sure that somewhere there are HD transmissions that have gone only 40K and died and others are into the 200's and still going strong.

Quick Reply: TOG Headers....