Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): PVC Intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 03:53 AM
1 Year Member
Default PVC Intake

Hey guys was running low on money and heard people using PVC for intake so I tried it. I ran it behind my headlight and then put a 90 degree to drop it down to sit right behind the openning for the fog light. I removed both fog lights already so it gets direct air through that hole which has worked great so far and no problems with water.

Attached Thumbnails PVC Intake-intake.jpg  
Old 06-04-2012, 01:01 PM

Nice job I did this to my old cavalier but shamely I have no pics Nice job getting it right behind the fog light opening. Just remember to look out for water!

Old 06-04-2012, 03:09 PM
1 Year Member

Oh nice. yea it was easier than I thought and deff saved alot of money. And yea I will. Its been raining here and no problems yet so we will see. And it is louder now then the short ram that was there b4 pluss it is 3 inch instead of the 2 inch short ram.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

DO NOT use PVC pipe to make the intake piping. PCV piping is not heat tolerant and will melt and release toxic fumes when exposed to under hood temperatures.

just saying, just be carfull of water, don't go puddle jumping, had a budy that had a aem fenderwell in his cavi, didn't put the wheel well back in, i asked him how much water he takes in,of course nowing everything he said nothing to hurt anything,(same guy that was cruising around without an o2, oil smelt like gas and bumper was covered in soot!) couple weeks later i see it getting towed away, found out it took too much of a drink, bent the rods

Old 06-04-2012, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
DO NOT use PVC pipe to make the intake piping. PCV piping is not heat tolerant and will melt and release toxic fumes when exposed to under hood temperatures.

just saying, just be carfull of water, don't go puddle jumping, had a budy that had a aem fenderwell in his cavi, didn't put the wheel well back in, i asked him how much water he takes in,of course nowing everything he said nothing to hurt anything,(same guy that was cruising around without an o2, oil smelt like gas and bumper was covered in soot!) couple weeks later i see it getting towed away, found out it took too much of a drink, bent the rods
In the absence of ABS (I can't find it anywhere around here) could you insulate the PVC to protect it from the heat?

Old 06-05-2012, 09:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You can order ABS parts online easily. You already know the dimensions that you need from the PVC.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Just curious.. there is a filter on the end of that right?

Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Just curious.. there is a filter on the end of that right?
I hope so...

Old 06-05-2012, 02:23 PM
1 Year Member

yes there is a filter on the end of it. I havent gotten to take a picture to show where it sits behind the fog light openning. And the heat is fine. The under hood temp never directly heats the PVC hot enough to melt so there is no problem with that. I made sure to do research about it and even went to my shop after I built it and its fine.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:39 AM
1 Year Member

Hey sorry bout the bumper being a bit dirty but here are pics showing where the Air filter is.

Attached Thumbnails PVC Intake-filter-1.jpg   PVC Intake-filter-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): PVC Intake