Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Problem fixed

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 07:27 AM
1 Year Member
Default Problem fixed

I recently started losing power in my 01 monte ss. It was ok under light acceleration. But under heavy load I wasn't getting anywhere. I couldn't pass on the highway. And couldn't hardly do 70. So I looked into it. I changed the fuel filter. No diff. Checked fuel pressure it's excellent. Cleaned the mass airflow sensor. No diff. Cleaned the iac valve no diff. Researched and the cat could be plugged or the throttle position sensor be bad. Or a vehicle speed sensor. Not letting it shift correctly. So I first went and got the cat cut off and a straight pipe put on. And boom. Major change. Car runs amazing now. So much power. So here is my setup. Exhaust pipe down. No resonator to thrush welded muffler. It's loud ! So I was thinking of putting in a glasspack to quiet it down. Will this work?

Old 07-31-2014, 09:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Barnacle14
I recently started losing power in my 01 monte ss. It was ok under light acceleration. But under heavy load I wasn't getting anywhere. I couldn't pass on the highway. And couldn't hardly do 70. So I looked into it. I changed the fuel filter. No diff. Checked fuel pressure it's excellent. Cleaned the mass airflow sensor. No diff. Cleaned the iac valve no diff. Researched and the cat could be plugged or the throttle position sensor be bad. Or a vehicle speed sensor. Not letting it shift correctly. So I first went and got the cat cut off and a straight pipe put on. And boom. Major change. Car runs amazing now. So much power. So here is my setup. Exhaust pipe down. No resonator to thrush welded muffler. It's loud ! So I was thinking of putting in a glasspack to quiet it down. Will this work?
Since you removed the cat...
Are you getting a check engine light?....

I wouldn't think a glasspack is the answer....
I would go with turbo mufflers to keep the expense down or...purchase some other brand of competition mufflers...

Old 07-31-2014, 10:10 AM
1 Year Member

No check engine light. I am going to get dynomax super turbos. I just figured until I get those mufflers if the glasspack would quiet it down a bit