Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Ported and Machined Lower Intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
Porting the outlet has nothing to do with pcv. They're just going to be opening up the 6 outlet runners going to the head ports and then opening them up to the gasket port size.

Because you've got stock (unported) heads, there is really no benefit to paying for this part of the service.

Opening the inlet and modifying the PCV channel are the only things you want done.
Yeah, sorry I'm not being as clear as I should be. When I want to install ZZPs Stage 2 intercooler I need the LIM PCV channel done so I still have PCV function and it needs ported. I don't think I'm able or comfortable doing that myself since I don't really know what exactly needs done and the guides I find have the photobucket crap . Now on ZZPs website they list that I can either do Top Machining Only or Runner Porting/Gasket Match. Do I need the second option or is the "top machining only" going to cover my inlet and PCV channels and I should be good?

Old 09-14-2017, 09:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just order the LIM at the same time you order the IC, and get the LIM with the IC option...

Old 05-09-2018, 03:11 PM

Any updates on this one?