Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

New Speed Daddys!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default New Speed Daddys!!!!

I didnt want to drop a ton of cash on headers. i know, dumb but oh well.
I have been watcjing them on ebay for a few months before deciding to get them. I finally get on to get them and they jump the price 200 dollars. Hmmmmmm. Well i emailed and they emailed back saying they are high demand, which they are and they are out until may!
luckily i randomly jumped on and checked out a pair and they had them listed at normal price and instock!
so i jumped on it and here we are! i have a new set of speed daddys!!!
So......anyone have any tips on making this install easier than its gonna be???? i know its gonna be hours and lots of beer but any tips would help!!!! thanks guys!!!

Attached Thumbnails New Speed Daddys!!!!-headers.jpg  
Old 03-22-2013, 09:45 PM

you need band clamps for the cross over the ubolts they send are a joke. iirc they are 2.25 or 2.5 also use copper rtv spray at the joints and the vband clamp. also it is highly recommended to have the flex replaced with a double wall flex as the one that comes with it can leak. over at grandprixforum.net there is a thread where someone put up directions to make a jig that greatly helps ground clearance issues.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

You'll need two 2.25" and two 3" band clamps. I used Easy Seal clamps and a lot of high temp rtv. I cleaned and re-used OEM gaskets, threw away the cheap Speed Daddy gaskets right away. I also purchased an O2 extension from ZZP and both EGR block off plates and deleted the EGR.

I haven't had any problems with mine yet (installed back in December of 2011). I don't like how large the u-bend is in them, speed bumps don't like them, but mine's now lowered too, but stock height didn't have any issue.

Good cheap headers aside from the cheap clamps and gaskets, but those are easily upgraded.

Install took about 6 hours, but I think 2 hours of that was removing the damn plug wires haha, they had never been removed before so it was a major PITA, and I forgot the clamps so another hour was spent getting those. Could easily be done in 3-4 hours if you've got tools, beer, and all parts ready to go

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 03-22-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:07 PM

Screw beer headers are a huge pain you're going to need some good ol tequila! x2 on the gaskets and the o2 extension from zzp. Don't use the ones they send. Just hope your exhaust isn't rusted and your bolts come off no problem. I pulled my motor forward and was stuck fitting the rear header in through the firewall. Otherwise everything else went pretty smooth. You're going to love them good luck with the install

Old 12-15-2014, 11:48 AM

hey any chance you no the size of the studs you used to install them. i dont want to use the rusted old ones