Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

new SLP exhaust, comments on bumper cutouts

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

don't cut yet..............

2006 07 Monte Carlo SS Rear Bumper Cover Lip Extension

edit, nevermind you still need the top cut, just trying to help

Old 03-23-2010, 10:00 PM

thats what i was wondering. does the lip just make the cut outs lower like i hung um below my bumper.

and i talked to that guy already about that. he told me to ask ppl on the montecarloforum.com . lol about fitment. he said it proby would it i cut out slits for the clip part.

i live about 20 minutes from that place.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:19 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks very good.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:29 PM

lol what looks good. i have'nt posted any pics yet. i still have to take it back to the muffler shop for them to weld the tips on. rotton teenagers.

mayber tommorow ill take a pic. the system is very clean, and polished.

just looks kinda wierd with no cutouts. maybe this weekend ill bust out the dremal.

everyplace i keep going to says i wouldnt cut into that nice of a car.

umm,,, i just asked you too, do your job MFer. so ill have to do it myself. what the fun in waiting for a new bumper, when you cant enjoy the one i have now. i think it'll look fine. beside ppl will be so dumbfounded by the 100 leds surrounding it it wont matter.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:12 PM

Any updates on this setup yet? I'm kicking around the idea eventually of an exhaust setup, but haven't really figured out what I want. I REALLY like what I hear about SLP, but i don't want too large of a tip coming out the back. I'd like the tips to look similar to my stock setup just set out a little more, and of course sounding better. I've seen the SLP and SLP Loudmouths available on 3800performance.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:29 PM

i think they sound nice.

my friend was jsut telling me today that he would like to hear some flowmasters on there. hes a FM V8 guy though. i also have a CAI.

most cat backs come with 3.5 inch tips.

i think they look ok right now.

i think im gonna get a set of those rear heightening springs, to get them off the ground. my car sits real low in the back.

i dont think im gonna but a new bumper cover. if i happen to find a used one thats black, or cheap ill pick one up. no rush.

plus im not sure if the tips make it sound softer or the echo was really bad behind the bumper? i got mine installed w/o tips and it was REALLY intimidating, then i put the tips on two days later and it seemed to mellow out.

i gonna try to wash, clay, polish, and wax her this weekend. when i do ill definatly take some pics. or i can take some tommorrow if you want to see a dirty car. dang black paint

Old 04-09-2010, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by mak330
lol what looks good. i have'nt posted any pics yet. i still have to take it back to the muffler shop for them to weld the tips on. rotton teenagers.

mayber tommorow ill take a pic. the system is very clean, and polished.

just looks kinda wierd with no cutouts. maybe this weekend ill bust out the dremal.

everyplace i keep going to says i wouldnt cut into that nice of a car.

umm,,, i just asked you too, do your job MFer. so ill have to do it myself. what the fun in waiting for a new bumper, when you cant enjoy the one i have now. i think it'll look fine. beside ppl will be so dumbfounded by the 100 leds surrounding it it wont matter.

i have a 06 that has cut outs and it looks stock. im wandering why yours dont have them.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Can't you just get some turn down tips? Chop and weld?

Old 04-09-2010, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Can't you just get some turn down tips? Chop and weld?
Such a simply perfect idea that I'm kind of stunned nobody else thought of it sooner. No real reason the pipes have to run straight out the rear. Besides I'd be afraid to start cutting into a perfectly good bumper cover. ^^Seems like the perfect answer!

Old 04-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

It's an old school idea, that's for sure.

Quick Reply: new SLP exhaust, comments on bumper cutouts