Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

MPD CAI on 06 3.5L V6

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 12:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Finally got to look at the pictures. VERY NICE.

(i'm still jealous you got that spoiler...)

Old 06-22-2009, 01:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Mike!

I don't know if you ever saw the post I made in the word associations thread...but it was for you!

I said that if I ever come across the flip up spoiler for an 06-07 Monte again around here on criagslist, I will let you know! I would be more that willing to go get it for you and ship it to you as long as you paid the for the cost + shipping! So i'll keep my eyes open for ya!

Old 06-22-2009, 01:20 PM

15 Year Member

I guess I didn't see it hahah

Of course I would pay for the troubles and thank you for looking!

Old 06-22-2009, 01:42 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I just looked at your new pics - Great job - your Monte looks incredible!

Old 06-22-2009, 02:01 PM

10 Year Member

Thanks Amy!

Old 06-25-2009, 11:50 PM

Gotta disagree with the lack of customer service and efficiency, I had a completely different, pleasant experience. Sorry to hear they slipped up on you. I absolutely love the performance and sound I get from MPD's CAI and ram air hood! I promote the company whenever I get the compliments on the hood. If you all haven't seen the after market hood, here's a link: http://www.mpd-inc.net/mc.htm

I really think you caught them on a bad day. In any case enjoy the CAI!

Old 06-26-2009, 12:31 AM

10 Year Member

I agree that I love the sound / performance from the intake. However, MPD does not make the intake, it is made by Cold Air Inductions, MPD buys them from Cold Air Inductions, and sells them to the public.

I am not the only member her that has been unhappy with the service from MPD, and the lack of communication from the seller.

However, I stand behind Cold Air Inductions, actually yesterday I got a PM on this forum from Cold Air Inductions, he stated that he was the company that made my induction system, and wanted to know why I was so unhappy with my purchase. After telling Cold Air Inductions my entire story, he contacted MPD, and them got back to me personally to inform me that he was truely sorry for the service I got from MPD, and that he would do whatever it took to make me happy. I told him, I would be happy to get the $20 difference in price between buying the intake directly from Cold Air Inductions, or buying from MPD....See, I knew that Cold Air Inductions made the box, not MPD, and I knew MPD was $20 more than Cold Air Inductions, but I bought from MPD because he was going to include the coupler in my purchase, and Cold Air Inductions was not going to. As everything turned out, MPD never gave me the coupler, and I never needed it, so I ended up paying more for the CAI for nothing.....James from Cold Air Inductions told me that he would talk to MPD to refund me the difference, and he then said that is MPD would not refund the difference, he would personally refund me the difference from Cold Air Inductions...I thought that this was impressive, and shows the Cold Air Inductions stands behind there product, and offeres GREAT customer service. This of course does not make up for MPD's lack of communication with its customers, but whatever personally I will not purchase from MPD again, but I would most certainly buy from Cold Air Inductions in the future as he has excellent customer service/ customer relations. My probelms with MPD had really nothing to do with Cold Air Inductions, but he took it upon him self to make sure I was a happy customer just because MPD sold me his product, and like I said, that is impressive to me!!!!

Old 06-26-2009, 08:20 AM

15 Year Member

very good story. Maybe other people will just go through them now