Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Modified TB

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Modified TB

Well. after 5 hours of grinding and polishing, my TB is done (again)

about a year ago, i had an extra TB and intake manifold, so i went about for my first time port matching and polishing them. i also spent time reworking the inlet and exhaust sides of the TB to smooth it out and work in the cuts that resulted from matching the TB to the Intake arm.

Well since it was my first attempt at it, there were some area's that had room for improvement. so today i took the time to redo the TB. on my first attempt, the mouth of the TB had a bevile on the lip and then it was pretty much stock until after the throtle plate. behind the throtle plate, is where i did most of the orignal work.

On this new attempt i now did away with the bevile and have a perfict cone from the mouth lip to the throtle plate! and although it isnt as polished as my first attempt, it is nice and smooth and very slick! I also took the time to shave the extra off the bolts on the throtle plate... Yes I know all this seems and probably is overkill for my engine, but it was a fun project.

It is for a 96 3.4 DOHC Monte Carlo Z34

Old 02-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Default RE: Modified TB

pretty cool, get alot more power or no?

Old 02-18-2006, 02:18 PM

throtle responce is crisper an has more top end! i recently went further then those pics. i removed on of the throtle bars and shaved the other. the increase in area really helped.

Old 02-18-2006, 06:12 PM

thats cool as hell. how much horsepower do you have about now?

Old 02-26-2006, 02:45 PM

i havent dyno'd her yet. im having alt problems right now... and an UD pulley is going in when i fix the alt... then in march i'll be getting a DHP programer.... I calculated around then i should have between 250-270 at the crank. im gonna have to dyno it to do the tuning with the DHP, so i'll post those up on my cardomain when i get them. not sure when i'll dyno after... cause i dont have a bunch of $$$ or the car would have been to the dyno by now. but if i hit 200 at the wheels i'll be very happy. my goal is about 215 at the wheels. it will be a while to get there, but maybe one of these days. and also hoping to be in the area of mid to low 15's at the track if not break into the 14's by a hair