Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2006 Modified Body...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default 2006 Modified Body...

Played around to create a front end mod for the 2006, 2007 models that I think would be cool.

STOCK:

MODIFIED:

Would require a New Front End Clip, New hood, New fenders, and headlights.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Default RE: 2006 Modified Body...

[align=center]Hi `Craig,[/align][align=center]I was happy to see that you are back sharing your talent with the member's. I think you should put an application in to GM -DeSign Dept. Your numerous creations of `sig's for our family member's[/align][align=center]reflects your talented abilities, and the generosity of your time.[/align][align=center]Thanks again for sharing, we enjoy.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Your postinspired me to play with your stock Monte pic, and[/align][align=center]see what I could do. (Posted below your pic: ).Maybe we[/align][align=center]can get Mod Bigg `J, and other member's to submit[/align][align=center]their photoshop tries. For me, it was a great break from[/align][align=center]studying for finals. : ) Thanks, `Space[/align][align=center][:-]B-4 -[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]After [/align][align=center][/align][align=center] After ~ After [/align][align=center][8D]A`BeachRiver `Bum Production[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Member's[/align][align=center]Your Turn : )[/align][align=center][:-]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/B00804CE0F4147599169FB5A71A68BEA.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=center]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/29C269999EB7484996A17F7AA7D010EA.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 12-08-2007, 06:33 PM

Craig, I too am impressed with your design skills. I second the motion that you file an application with GM!

I have followed your lead, andremoved that gawd-awful gold bowtie from my trunk lid, as well as the Monte Carlo nameplate. I opted to leave the SS emblem in place back there, and I think it looks pretty good. I've also removed those stupid little "GM" emblems from the front fenders (very easy to do), and I can't believehow much better it looks in that area - BIG improvement.

Since you're so good at this, I was wondering if you would do me a favor. The next (and last) exterior mod that I think I want to make is to replace the entire upper grille (including the bowtie) with polishedmesh. I may change my mind once I see it, but I think I want to leave the stock SS bumper grille in place.When you have the time, would you mind working your magic with an image of this on a black car? Thanks!

Once I get the exterior done, I'm going to install a aftermarket trim kit on the dash and console, then figure out something to hide the scratches on the side of the console caused by the seatbelt buckle. After that, it's a Diablo tuner, and I'm done.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:12 PM

I say keep it the way it is.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

ORIGINAL: gale155

Craig, I too am impressed with your design skills. I second the motion that you file an application with GM!

I have followed your lead, andremoved that gawd-awful gold bowtie from my trunk lid, as well as the Monte Carlo nameplate. I opted to leave the SS emblem in place back there, and I think it looks pretty good. I've also removed those stupid little "GM" emblems from the front fenders (very easy to do), and I can't believehow much better it looks in that area - BIG improvement.

Since you're so good at this, I was wondering if you would do me a favor. The next (and last) exterior mod that I think I want to make is to replace the entire upper grille (including the bowtie) with polishedmesh. I may change my mind once I see it, but I think I want to leave the stock SS bumper grille in place.When you have the time, would you mind working your magic with an image of this on a black car? Thanks!

Once I get the exterior done, I'm going to install a aftermarket trim kit on the dash and console, then figure out something to hide the scratches on the side of the console caused by the seatbelt buckle. After that, it's a Diablo tuner, and I'm done.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:40 AM

[:-]Craig, that looks `Sweet with that grille inserts [:-]
I also like your new `sig : )

Old 12-09-2007, 04:44 PM

ORIGINAL: 07MonteSS

I say keep it the way it is.
I second that motion ...

Old 12-09-2007, 04:51 PM

i personally love it, tho its boxy and looks more importish i would def drive something like that

Old 12-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow! Love the stance on Space's second after pic. Looks bad a$$.

I'll join the list of people who think Craig should get a job in GM's design dept.
Awesome work. You got rid of the ugly looking reflectors too. The DMV may not like it, but who cares.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:06 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Craig, very nice work on the front end change. Any ideas for any rear or side modifications?

I happen to like my Monte is way it is but a kit such as you or Space have offered would help an owner make their car special with an aftermarket kit.

Quick Reply: 2006 Modified Body...