Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

For the Magnaflow users on MCF

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Default For the Magnaflow users on MCF

I just got a pair of Magnaflows installed on my 3.9L Monte yesterday. I looked at a lot of exhaust videos on YouTube before buying the Magnaflows... unfortunately most of them are for other V6 cars like the Mustang or Camaro.

There's definitely a difference in the sound of my exhaust with the new mufflers on. You notice it as soon as you start the car up. But to me, it kind of just sounds like the exhaust might sound if it had a small hole in it. It's a bit louder, and deeper (especially at low RPMs), but just doesn't sound as nice as some of the videos I saw on YouTube (like for the SLP exhaust on the V6 Mustang, for example). In the YouTube videos, you see the cars pulling off and building up speed driving down the road, and they've got a nice tone to them. My car just sounds a bit deeper or lower... doesn't really have a specific tone or note to it, IMO. Maybe I need a different car, lol.

Are you happy with the sound of your Magnaflow exhaust on your Monte? Do you wish you had bought a different brand of muffler?

Old 07-13-2011, 12:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

110% satisfied with my magnaflows they sound great. changed the sound of my exhaust completely....i got them on a V8 tho. i dont know how they sound on a v6

Old 07-13-2011, 06:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm very satisfied.

Remember if you JUST installed them, it takes a good 500+ miles to "break in"

Old 07-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lovin mine...the sound will change as the pipes and muffler "Cure" with heat

Old 07-15-2011, 09:49 AM

I know there's gotta be more than 3 people here on MCF that have Magnaflows on their Monte. Nobody else feels like talking about their Magnaflows or sharing videos with us?

Old 07-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by myfirstbowtie
I know there's gotta be more than 3 people here on MCF that have Magnaflows on their Monte. Nobody else feels like talking about their Magnaflows or sharing videos with us?
I just posted a video yesterday

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...exhaust-29560/

Old 07-15-2011, 11:34 AM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
i have some vids on my youtube channel

Old 07-15-2011, 03:34 PM

Im going to install my SLP today i see this is a magnaflow thread but do take a look at the SLP DUALS thread i started, sooner or later i will have a vid, there are 2 pix of the kit put together (not actually installed or assembled, clamps not attached). SLP is a beautiful looking kit, for the mufflers and tips... However ive always felt the magnaflow kit is much better looking and i feel will last a bit longer then the SLP depending on where you will drive your car. Keep in mind the magnaflow kit has a resonator where as the SLP kit does not, its a straight pipe.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by 06-montelt2
Im going to install my SLP today i see this is a magnaflow thread but do take a look at the SLP DUALS thread i started, sooner or later i will have a vid, there are 2 pix of the kit put together (not actually installed or assembled, clamps not attached). SLP is a beautiful looking kit, for the mufflers and tips... However ive always felt the magnaflow kit is much better looking and i feel will last a bit longer then the SLP depending on where you will drive your car. Keep in mind the magnaflow kit has a resonator where as the SLP kit does not, its a straight pipe.
I was seriously considering putting on SLP Powerflo mufflers on my Monte (i thought the Loudmouths might be a bit too loud for me, as I'm not in my twenties anymore, lol). In the end, I went with Magnaflow because other 7th gen V6 owners on here put them on their cars and said they liked them, and because the Magnaflows were less expensive than the SLPs (for the mufflers alone, not the whole system). I didn't do the whole cat-back system because just like montecarlo3831 and Mamonte, my pipes (and resonator) are in pretty good shape, so why spend the money replacing something that doesn't really need to be replaced yet? I can always go and change the resonator, or delete it, later if I want to.

Thanks for the video links, Tadcaster and xxtheshockerxx. You know you guys are making me wish I bought an SS after looking at those videos... or that I at least chose red instead of "dark silver metallic" (grey). Nice looking cars.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:54 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by myfirstbowtie
Thanks for the video links, Tadcaster and xxtheshockerxx. You know you guys are making me wish I bought an SS after looking at those videos... or that I at least chose red instead of "dark silver metallic" (grey). Nice looking cars.
i like the dark silver metallic tho. thanks tho

Quick Reply: For the Magnaflow users on MCF