Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Opinion Needed: (fake) daul CAI

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Default (fake) daul CAI

hey guys im trying to fill up my empty engine bay and I think a dual cold air intake would set it off,i want a good single intake with the clear box behind one headlight and another clear box behind the other headlight...

I figured I could weld a cap onto the fake one an the weld it to the real one so its not messing with the real intake.would that work?

or if I could actually make it work with two intakes would it hurt my engine? I know the gains are minimal but I wouldn't want it hurting my engine or have to do tunning

Old 05-07-2015, 08:45 PM

IMO horrible idea, you will prolly be the laughing stock of the world. And I think it's a waste of money for nothing. If you want run a dual battery set up and fabricate a pan to house them both. Wire them up so they maintain a 12v operation not 24v. Or fill it up with a custom lock box (like Ive done) if you carry a weapon and want to store it somewhere safe during transportation I manage to secure my desert eagle in my engine bay, in a lock box I created to sit nextto the battery.

Just giving you some rather useful ideas.....

Old 05-07-2015, 08:59 PM

I just want the chrome pipe and clear box to help fill the other side of the engine...like I said not really wanting to run both of them,just cap one off so it wont do anything,because after I figure out where and how to relocate my fuse box and battery il just have one side of the bay empty and I don't know what to use to fill it up besides a stylish intake and some nice chrome pipe...

Old 05-07-2015, 09:00 PM

and I don't want just a lockbox sitting in my engine...if the cops do find it and search it then they will tear the car apart trying to find other hiding spots and im not a big fan of having pigs touch my car lol

Old 05-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Habbibie
IMO horrible idea, you will prolly be the laughing stock of the world. And I think it's a waste of money for nothing. If you want run a dual battery set up and fabricate a pan to house them both. Wire them up so they maintain a 12v operation not 24v. Or fill it up with a custom lock box (like Ive done) if you carry a weapon and want to store it somewhere safe during transportation I manage to secure my desert eagle in my engine bay, in a lock box I created to sit nextto the battery.

Just giving you some rather useful ideas.....
Right next to your Barrett 50 cal right?

Originally Posted by KingWord
I just want the chrome pipe and clear box to help fill the other side of the engine...like I said not really wanting to run both of them,just cap one off so it wont do anything,because after I figure out where and how to relocate my fuse box and battery il just have one side of the bay empty and I don't know what to use to fill it up besides a stylish intake and some nice chrome pipe...
You want another intake essentially where the battery is? How's that going to work?

Last edited by red04montels; 05-08-2015 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:52 AM

I plan to relocate my battery and fuse box

buy some chrome intake pipe,clear intake box and filter

modify the box to fit the passenger headlight like the real ones do on the driver side

connect my pipe to the intake box and then put a cap on the other end of the pipe (so it doesn't draw air into the real intake then weld the capped end onto the intake pipe on the driver side) Fake Dual CAI

Old 05-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Why would you want a non functional intake? I understand a non functional hood scoop, but a non functional intake?

Old 05-08-2015, 12:23 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Could you make it a functional intake and increase the fuel? Not sure how all that works.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:27 PM

il just post a pic when I get this project done...looking for ideas to fill an empty whole in my engine bay since I wont have a battery and fuse box in that spot

Old 05-08-2015, 12:30 PM

Barb that's the kind of response im looking for

if I do make it fuctional (which I probably can) would it mess up my MAF? since it will be drawing twice as much air in? I plan to get a bigger throttle body and I culd tune the fuel settings to get more fuel

if it was to be functional would it have any noticeable gain? with all the extra air and fuel...I figured having an upgraded cam would go great with it

Quick Reply: Opinion Needed: (fake) daul CAI