Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Looking for exhaust/header advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Default Looking for exhaust/header advice

Hey guys, been a while since I've been on here but I'm finally starting to get back into some of the stuff I've wanted to do to my Monte (2005 SS).

Was looking for advice on what I could do to really improve performance (more interested in MPG than anything, but want a good sound).

Been looking at the normal ZZP/WBody stuff (was sad to see speed daddy prices have gone up) but also came across some other headers and wanted opinions on them if anybody had any.

Some by dt_moto on ebay that I found.

SSAC headers.

I'm mainly just trying to increase air flow and improve the overall performance. Already have a K&N CAI on it, so if anybody knows how big I can go exhaust wise (or has any suggestions, more than welcome!) without having too much air flow out that I can't use. Thanks for any help, greatly appreciated!

Old 05-25-2013, 03:06 AM

SSAC headers I've heard are decent. I personally like speed daddy a lot. either one I believe would be a good investment though as long as the job is done correctly.

as far as size goes for exhaust, I'd probably leave at stock size. maybe changing mufflers if all you want is a bit more of a rumble. I had 3 inch custom piping ask the way back and I think it was a bit much but sounded good for the price I paid lol maybe also u bend delete?

if emissions isn't an issue res and cat are also an option? are you going to continue to mod after your exhaust?