Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Intake Tubing

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Default Intake Tubing

I was looking at making custom CAI. If I am thinking right, I would need 3.5" tubing correct? If so, where can I get some. I would prefer chrome tubing.

Also, what is the bestplace to position the cone filter? i dont want FWI.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Default RE: Intake Tubing

Hi Dale, Hows the grades ? How's school ?
Maybe, Mod Wiz Kidd or other members that have done it
will be able to help youmore : )
Good Luck, please post your results & take pic's : )
Product/Service Category: Tubing: Automotive
Click below link & it will give you some area's to search
[:-]

Old 04-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i didn't make my own...but you could get abs piping from your local hardware store..mind you its not going to be polished or anything...that will just be plastic looking...if you want polished you may have to go to a custom exhaust shop (one that does transports) that can custom bend 3.5" stainless steel, as for the filter just look up the size you need on www.knfilters.com and get that from your local parts store and hose clamps (which any auto parts store as) the rubber boots i'm not so sure where you would get those though...

Old 04-18-2007, 06:41 PM

https://shell7.tdl.com/~jags/AirDucts_Order.html

I got parts from here for my Firebird engine swap. They have straight aluminun tubing and rubber elbows 45's and 90's.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:27 AM

thanx guys. i think i found the solution....spectre performance sells plumbing forcustom CAI. they sell an adapter for 3.5" to 4" piping and actually sell aluminum polished 4" tubing. i think im gonna order some from them. ill install and then take some pics.

by the way space, school is going good and im out in 2 weeks from tmrw!!!! that just means more time and money for Cat (my monte's name).

Old 04-19-2007, 11:03 PM

I made mine and i know tha tyou can find a universal kit i belive it was at advance autoparts. and it will have parts to maek one for ya to.

But if your looking for one like the thrasher version it is not to hard just take your stock air box and stick a cone filter in to it. and then run a small peice of straight tubbing threw from the filter in to the end of the tubbing already used in the car and use a clamp.

Mine is actually smaller then teh 3.5 it is 3.0 and works fine and the clamp will pull it down far enough to get a seal in there. just find a tube that will fit in to the inside of your tube now and the inside or out side Dia. of the filter you want.

Mine actually gose threw to teh fender well and is out side of the engin bay.
basically added a piece of stright pipoe with a 90 on the end and then a short straight to the filter. Works great but the sound is more like a vacume cleaner then a car LOL