Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Intake project I am working on (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/intake-project-i-am-working-51629/)

STUMPMI 02-22-2015 04:26 PM

Congrats!:thumbsup:
Looking good.

xxtheshockerxx 04-08-2015 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI (Post 648369)
Congrats!:thumbsup:
Looking good.

I see my photobucket took a crap on me..all the pictures are gone. Ill have to post more when I figure that out.

update: I have been logging it since I have had it out. I have had Will at Overkill looking them over and sending revisions. It seems to pull pretty good now. Huge improvement from the stock setup and keeps pulling past 80-100 where ls4s tend to start to fall flat.

this was on the base tune

xxtheshockerxx 04-08-2015 11:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 23659

ohara 04-09-2015 12:27 AM

Looks nice Zach, your hard work is paying off. Will should be able to help you out but your vid looked like it was pulling nicely just on the base tune, so I imagine Will can make it even better :)

xxtheshockerxx 04-09-2015 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by ohara (Post 655611)
Looks nice Zach, your hard work is paying off. Will should be able to help you out but your vid looked like it was pulling nicely just on the base tune, so I imagine Will can make it even better :)

Thanks. Will is doing a great job just with one logging run it pulled harder up top. I think a tweak here and there and it's perfect.

I'll be on the dyno Saturday.. Anyone have guesses what it will make?

JuniorCar 04-09-2015 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx (Post 655665)

I'll be on the dyno Saturday.. Anyone have guesses what it will make?

It'll be a total wild guess because you are in unprecedented territory! But it should be fun to guess - we should have some kinda pool going.

I have no idea. I'm not even right up to speed on your entire mod list. I've just been following this intake build with great interest. But I wanna guess anyways... uh.. 375 to the wheels...

Is that too conservative? Was there a goal Zach?

edit: I re-read the thread and see you were after 325. I'll optimistically stay behind my guess.

xxtheshockerxx 04-09-2015 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar (Post 655757)
It'll be a total wild guess because you are in unprecedented territory! But it should be fun to guess - we should have some kinda pool going.

I have no idea. I'm not even right up to speed on your entire mod list. I've just been following this intake build with great interest. But I wanna guess anyways... uh.. 375 to the wheels...

Is that too conservative? Was there a goal Zach?

edit: I re-read the thread and see you were after 325. I'll optimistically stay behind my guess.

Yeah I don't really know what to expect. I know I can literally feel a difference since it can roast the tires off at 40 now haha

I wish I had a baseline torque number but unfortunately I didn't get one. I would be very happy if I could hit my goal but it is all a guess. Would be fun to have some people guess and see who can get closest. I have a few people on the list so far. It is pretty much a full bolt on car as of now with the intake project being complete.

The_Maniac 04-09-2015 09:47 PM

I love reading that you feel a performance gain from this intake swap! The joys of something you vested a lot of time into coming together and giving you MORE POWER!!! :)

xxtheshockerxx 04-09-2015 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 655801)
I love reading that you feel a performance gain from this intake swap! The joys of something you vested a lot of time into coming together and giving you MORE POWER!!! :)

the butt dyno says it was all worth the effort put into the intake swap :thumbsup: I am very happy with the whole project and how it came together. Never imagined it would turn out this well. :thumbsup:

P343 04-10-2015 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx (Post 655811)
the butt dyno

LOL that's just funny!!!:rotfl: