Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

High Flow Cat

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

LSX motor never heard that term before but I'm still learning my monte I don't have emission test for 2 years so I have time... I also may move to England in the summer so I'm holding off on any more big spending for a while :P

Old 05-10-2012, 09:01 PM

just be carefull because i have had streight pypes running to mufflers and when i put back on some high flow cats it was near impossible to get it pased do to having them off and causing really bad carbon build up and messing up the rest of the emmision set up. i would go with some high flow cats in my opinion due to what i went threw when i was in virginia.sadly i had to spend that money for no reson because iright after that two weeks out i came to fl with no emmisions. but i couldent drive with dead tags till i got fl tags.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Magnaflow makes a downpipe/cat for an '06 5.3 that is a bolt in replacement for the OE unit. ZZP also offers a downpipe that uses the same cat and claim it will not void warranty. Both have the bung for the O2 sensor. I was concerned about the CEL when I replaced my downpipe (I bought a Magnaflow) but it's been on the car for almost a year now and no CEL. In fact, I passed emission check last month with flying colors. I wouldn't go with a universal cat...those are usually the ones you'll have a problem with.
The ZZP downpipe and the magnaflow ones both use the universal cats in them I believe.

Originally Posted by Jparks
LSX motor never heard that term before but I'm still learning my monte I don't have emission test for 2 years so I have time... I also may move to England in the summer so I'm holding off on any more big spending for a while :P
LSX means an LS motor and the X means any of the generations (so LS1, LS3, LS4, LS6 etc.)

If I were you I would go with a downpipe and spark plug fouler to get rid of the CEL

Old 05-11-2012, 08:36 AM

most of the ls4 guys run the catless hogan downpipe, he also has a catted version. id also run the fouler if i were you. to my knowledge the hogan downpipes are a bolt in deal. pull your downpipe with the cat off, install the hogan. when you go to inspection put the factory one back on. simple.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by trewyn15
LSX means an LS motor and the X means any of the generations (so LS1, LS3, LS4, LS6 etc.)

If I were you I would go with a downpipe and spark plug fouler to get rid of the CEL
Oh Okay I under stand LS4 haha any way I was looking into the Foulers and they seem rather cheep and I was looking at do it yourself installation with my luck I'd mess things up. I Assume the if I get the Foulers it still wouldn't pass emissions?