Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

helppppppppppppp

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007 | 06:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: is this true or bs

ORIGINAL: scc24540

the muffler shop gave me this spihl today

"you cannot drill through your rear bumper to install these tips because the bumper is the main support for your floorboard. and i flat told him he's full of s*** lol

so what do yall think? is what he said true or was he jsut full of it
You have a bumper and than you have a bumper cover. The bumper is the metal bars under the painted plastic peice which is painted.

What are you drilling through. If it is just through the plastic peice, no big dealo. But that is just my non-professional opinion.

Old 07-10-2007 | 06:56 PM
|
Photobucket

just goin thru the plastic part not about to start goin thru metal or frame pieces lol

Old 07-10-2007 | 07:51 PM

What? Hes full of crud.. The plastic bumper cover is just that... plastic. I think at the worst it might melt. Heat sheilding might alliviate this.

There is a steel bumper under it and some foam stuff. Maybe you could try side outlets...

Old 07-10-2007 | 08:22 PM
15 Year Member

yeah i would say that that dont sound right to me. But then again if it is true you can weld a peice of pipe in to the bumper to the right size that allows your pipes to go threw it and also allows you to do what you want. it would change the support on the bumper to go around the pipes not threw them.

Old 07-17-2007 | 01:58 PM
Default RE: helppppppppppppp

Are you referring to this?

http://www.razzi.com/vehicles/chevro...2dr_1164_2.jpg

Old 07-17-2007 | 08:35 PM
|
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: robdhall

Are you referring to this?

http://www.razzi.com/vehicles/chevro...2dr_1164_2.jpg
no sir, but thanks for trying to help. im gonna photoshop what im looking for and then upload that. i did find out that auto zone USED to sell what i want but since it wasnt a big seller they took em off the shelf.....

Old 07-17-2007 | 10:57 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about! I just can't find them. don't know if this helps, but I saw an episode of Trucks! on Spike TV about a year ago or so, and I remember watching the guys install one on a truck in the very back right behind the rear axle. I think it was a red Furd F150 of some sort. I can't find it on there website.
It was a rectangle box made out of aluminum that kind of already had the heat shielding built in by design to stop burning of the paint and such.
Hope that can send you in another direction in your quest. I will continue my search too.

Old 07-18-2007 | 07:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

obviously that guy @ the exhaust shop has no idea what he's talking about, the floor pans aren't held up by the back bumper anyway, even the steel part, but i wouldn't go through that, just go through the plastic piece, it has no structural support @ all, guy is full of crap

Old 07-18-2007 | 07:27 AM
|
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: mike01ss

I know exactly what you are talking about! I just can't find them. don't know if this helps, but I saw an episode of Trucks! on Spike TV about a year ago or so, and I remember watching the guys install one on a truck in the very back right behind the rear axle. I think it was a red Furd F150 of some sort. I can't find it on there website.
It was a rectangle box made out of aluminum that kind of already had the heat shielding built in by design to stop burning of the paint and such.
Hope that can send you in another direction in your quest. I will continue my search too.

yes that is exactly it!!!!!! finally someone understands!!!! thank you so much and josh yeah i know he just dont wanna do the work

Old 07-18-2007 | 11:08 AM

something like this but just on your back bumper?

or like this?