Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by tweek
I went with speed daddy headers. I was reading g on the grand prix forum that ssac now are like obx headers and everyone there hates them. They were all saying the old ones were better. Either way the install isn't going to be fun or cheap
I had speed daddy headers I had to dent the firewall for the o2 sensor..
So the wire didn't hit the firewall.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:53 AM

That rear header is the only thing that will be somewhat of a pain. But I highly highly recommend you to buy a thexton 419x tool to help you rock the engine forward that will save you the trouble. My front header was nose to nose with my fan but no need to dent the firewall, at least I didn't have to. You'll just have to play with the flex pipe a bit to get it to pull thru.

Make sure you buy an 02 extension and new gaskets cuz the ones that come with the headers aren't that great.

Install is VERY time consuming. Took me about 10 hrs but what held me up the most was all the rust I had to deal with. It's a pretty straight forward job tho otherwise. Good luck with the install I know you'll love them and keep us updated!

Old 11-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member

I am having a shop install them. Most shops wont even do that kind of job on the car. I had to call pacesetters which I just found out are made locally to find someone that will do it. My mechanic said he will but he don't sound too excited to do it haha. Ill have the headers here sometime this week and hopefully have them installed by the weekend. I am trying to find some qtp cutouts locally but no one carries them, the one shop I did find that carries them are out.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:28 PM

I am having a shop install them. Most shops wont even do that kind of job on the car. I had to call pacesetters which I just found out are made locally to find someone that will do it. My mechanic said he will but he don't sound too excited to do it haha. Ill have the headers here sometime this week and hopefully have them installed by the weekend. I am trying to find some qtp cutouts locally but no one carries them, the one shop I did find that carries them are out.

There was actually a guy on the azgmperformance forums that worked at pacesetter. He wrote up a detailed article about how they had fixed the y pipe issue where people were having problems getting them to seal because the pipe diameters were too different. They have since fixed it though, and he showed the new/old measurements.

As for the cutout, any particular reason you're trying to find a local shop to buy them from? Summit had a warehouse in Nevada and most stuff gets to me next day as long as it ships from that warehouse, and I'm a good bit south of phoenix.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:55 PM
1 Year Member

I saw that. That's where I'm gonna get it from. Trying to get it installed in b time for a show

Old 11-06-2015, 08:18 PM
1 Year Member

Here is a short video of how it sounds.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member

Sounds Good..
How it is on the highway ? Because my monte had a drone noise at highway speed..

Old 11-06-2015, 08:46 PM
1 Year Member

Haven't got it on the highway yet

Old 11-06-2015, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member

Haven't got it on the highway yet
Mine sounded nice driving around town but made a drone noise at highway speed..

Old 11-06-2015, 10:43 PM

Sounds good man! Congrats hope they were installed at a reasonable price!