Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Headers (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/headers-54719/)

tweek 10-30-2015 10:34 AM

Headers

What kind of headers is everyone running? I was looking at speed daddy headers obviously for the cost but whats the different between those and zzp. To me it seems like for zzp you are paying for the name, but I don't know much about this stuff. For everyone running speed daddy headers on here how do you like them hows the performance? I am having my local muffler shop fabricate me a custom downpipe and putting on a magnaflow highflow cat along with it.

Budsjlm 10-30-2015 03:32 PM

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/en...-thread-37278/

Click it ^^^^^

zjerry 10-30-2015 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by tweek (Post 676011)
What kind of headers is everyone running? I was looking at speed daddy headers obviously for the cost but whats the different between those and zzp. To me it seems like for zzp you are paying for the name, but I don't know much about this stuff. For everyone running speed daddy headers on here how do you like them hows the performance? I am having my local muffler shop fabricate me a custom downpipe and putting on a magnaflow highflow cat along with it.

I had speed daddy headers on my monte for about 4 or 5 weeks. Then I removed them an installed a Stainless Power Log on the front bank and a Ceramic Coated Crossover Pipe , a high flow cat.. ZZP loud mouth mufflers..

bumpin96monte 10-31-2015 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by tweek (Post 676011)

If you plan to get headers, definitely don't pay a shop to custom build a downpipe. The headers come with the downpipe section already (at least my DPPs did), so you'd lose the money you put into a downpipe if you added headers. Even if your headers don't come with the downpipe (ie TOGs), the connection is nowhere near the factory location, so your downpipe would be useless.

tweek 10-31-2015 09:48 AM

I'm still debating getting those speed daddy headers or the zzp plog

bumpin96monte 10-31-2015 04:08 PM

Then I think it comes down to how far you want to go with your setup in the long run. If the long term plan is for big power, then go straight to headers.

If you'll be satisfied with a basic bolt on car in the long run, plog and a downpipe is super easy to install.

S.O.G. 10-31-2015 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by tweek (Post 676082)
I'm still debating getting those speed daddy headers or the zzp plog

Don't waste your time with the power log I recommend Speed Daddy Headers! I had them on my Monte and never had an issue with them, other than the gaskets that come with lol I would suggest headers specially if you're supercharged

zjerry 10-31-2015 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte (Post 676103)
Then I think it comes down to how far you want to go with your setup in the long run. If the long term plan is for big power, then go straight to headers.

If you'll be satisfied with a basic bolt on car in the long run, plog and a downpipe is super easy to install.

I went with speed daddy headers on my 2005 montecarlo SS but I removed them because of the drone noise on the highway .They did feel like it had more power..

nitehawkjcb 10-31-2015 10:23 PM

SSAC's =speed daddys but bigger.

tweek 11-01-2015 03:47 PM

I went with speed daddy headers. I was reading g on the grand prix forum that ssac now are like obx headers and everyone there hates them. They were all saying the old ones were better. Either way the install isn't going to be fun or cheap