Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Got my Exhaust on **UPDATE W/ PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Got my Exhaust on **UPDATE W/ PICS**

alright here are the new pics... I apologize ahead of time as it was a crapy day on Saturday, so I will get better pics and sound if Photobucket will host it.
Anyways, started out at 11:30, and sooned realize that it was going to be a pain to get the bolts off the flange. Not haveing a grinder or a cutting blade on my dremmel, I quickly took it over to a local shop, and they were kind enough to cut to bolts off for me.
So I drive it home (and it was extreamly loud due to the exhaust was just hanging on by the threads of the bolts.
Jacked it up and in about 15 minutes I had the old system out. It took me a while to figure out how to get the rubber hangers off the old exhaust.

Putting it on was real simple, till it was time to get the bracket installed on the left side. I wasn;t really happy with it (and I'm currious about how others felt about it) but I had to get some washer to drop it down at least an inch to not only get the tips to be even, but just to get them on.

I will get pics of the bracket, but I wasn't impressed with the design. So as I'm laying there I looked inside the pipe and noticed this deep inside

It was part of the foam in the packaging. So then I got nervious that there was more inside, so I took it all apart to make sure.
So 4 hours later here are the pics

Car sounds mean. Don't feel any power difference (which I wasn't planning on) maybe a little better responce higher in the rpm range, but can't tell for sure. Definately am happy with the product and the results.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Got my Exhaust on

what kind of system is it?

lookin forward to sound clips

Old 03-26-2007, 02:21 PM

it's the GMPP exhaust... Hopefully after work I can get some. It's suppose to be better weather here today and the rest of this week.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:03 PM

[align=center]Hi Tim -DounutBoy97-,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks for your post & pic's.[/align][align=center]That's a awesome looking system. Can't wait to hear it.[/align][align=center]You have a great look'in Monte Carlo and[/align][align=center]you have made it your own with your mod's.[/align][align=center]Look 4-ward 2 your future post.[/align][align=center]I really like the tips on your exhaust.[/align][align=center]Safe/Happy miles to U.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][:-]Click onImage : )[/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/22A1585260AB4767983672848B8B21CE.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 03-26-2007, 04:55 PM

Nice looking job

Old 03-26-2007, 08:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Nice looking setup. Make sure to keep them clean and waxed. Nothing worse than a beautiful car with totally neglected exhaust tips.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:06 AM

Do you have the hi flow cat (lloks like it in the pics) and largerDP with u-bend delete?I was wondering b/c you said you noticed no difference in power.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member

that looks like a cat back system..i dont see the cat in the pic, if the u-bend is gone you should have noticed a difference...but it might still be there...can't really tell from the pic that well

Old 03-27-2007, 03:04 PM

No, I still have the stock cat and u bend. Haven't decided how I want to eliminate it yet.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member

yah, thats where your going to get the horse power...generally there isn't any gain from going to a different kind of cat back system, the gain is going to come when you get the high flow cat, and get rid of that u-bend

Quick Reply: Got my Exhaust on **UPDATE W/ PICS**