Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Glasspack-need input!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Monte of the Month -- December 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Glasspack-need input!

Soon I'll be having some exhaust work done, I've been thinking u-bend delete and swapping out resonator with a glasspack (most likely Cherry Bomb). Was just looking for input from people who have had similar work done. Also, what size glasspack would work/sound/fit best? Oh, and i just have a N/A 3.8

Old 06-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Well here is my setup, no mufflers and resonator replaced with the glasspack. I forget the length, but I want to say 18"

Old 06-04-2013, 05:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I replaced my resonator with a 30" Magnaflow glasspack and like the way it sounds. I also replaced the downpipe, but the rest of the system is OE. Idle is slightly louder then stock with a mellow tone to it. No raspy sounding acceleration, no drone and no snap crackle pop during deceleration. If you want LOUD this set up isn't for you, but if you want a nice, mellow tone throughout the rpm range you will like it. No sound clips, but if I have some extra time in the next couple of days I'll try to get one posted.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Well here is my setup, no mufflers and resonator replaced with the glasspack. I forget the length, but I want to say 18"
I like it! :b do you have an underneath view?

Old 06-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

I don't actually lol, but just a cherry bomb glasspack in where the resonator was and just plan pipe where the mufflers were.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I replaced my resonator with a 30" Magnaflow glasspack and like the way it sounds. I also replaced the downpipe, but the rest of the system is OE. Idle is slightly louder then stock with a mellow tone to it. No raspy sounding acceleration, no drone and no snap crackle pop during deceleration. If you want LOUD this set up isn't for you, but if you want a nice, mellow tone throughout the rpm range you will like it. No sound clips, but if I have some extra time in the next couple of days I'll try to get one posted.
Ya, that'd be great if you could come up with a clip! i won't be doing the upgrade until im sure on what i want. I dont really need loud, but I'd definitely want something noticeable. My stock exhaust is just so "bleh.."

Old 06-04-2013, 04:59 PM

My resonator was replaced with straight pipe, there's a high-flow catalytic converter, and I'm pretty sure my mufflers are stock. Never really thought they would be otherwise, but I'm not actually sure.... Anyways, it sounds amazing at idle and low RPMS. Sounds good with revs, but it doesn't stay super deep above 3k. Only rasps if you rev it like crazy on purpose. However, without the resonator, it reaaaallly drones inside man.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:32 PM

Glasspack put a really odd drone sound in mine when I replaced the resonator section. I took it out and replaced it with straight pipe for a while, but it really was a bit loud so I then instead used a Spiral Flow that was suggested to another member in another thread.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-94050
I'm happier with this than I was with a glasspack.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
My resonator was replaced with straight pipe, there's a high-flow catalytic converter, and I'm pretty sure my mufflers are stock. Never really thought they would be otherwise, but I'm not actually sure.... Anyways, it sounds amazing at idle and low RPMS. Sounds good with revs, but it doesn't stay super deep above 3k. Only rasps if you rev it like crazy on purpose. However, without the resonator, it reaaaallly drones inside man.
hmmm...can you get a sound/video clip?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Facekicker
Glasspack put a really odd drone sound in mine when I replaced the resonator section. I took it out and replaced it with straight pipe for a while, but it really was a bit loud so I then instead used a Spiral Flow that was suggested to another member in another thread.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-94050
I'm happier with this than I was with a glasspack.
Like i gotta tell everyone else, any chance on a sound/video clip?

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Glasspack-need input!