Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

flowmaster super 40's

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:08 PM

i just watched that the other night, sounds pretty good. my tips showed up around 5 today and they are nice. similiar to factory but a little bigger diameter. it's weird, they each have a different style clamp but i think i'll have them tacked on as well so they don't loosen up and fall off. i'm thinking tuesday or wednesday i'll get everything installed. i'm getting anxious!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
I'm going to try not to go too overboard with this car.
ha...ha... I said the same thing about seven months ago.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:44 PM

Got everything installed today and it sounds and looks great. The muffler shop I went to did a perfect job, they've done five other cars for me in the past and I've never been dissapointed. It's a bit louder in the cabin under load and obviously at wot but it's not obnoxious. It sounds kinda funny when it drops to four cylinder mode, almost sounds like a helicopter- weird. The tips look fantastic and are lined up perfectly. Also got my black projector headlights today. I'm waiting to unveil pics until it's detailed and I really don't have anyway to record a sound clip or I would, sorry.

There also seems to be a noticeable power gain, nothing drastic, but definitely noticeable. This setup ($300 total/including shop labor) is a great alternative to dropping almost $800 on the magnalow catback imo.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

This is great news! I can't wait to get this done. Great price too. I can't wait to see pictures.

Speaking of, do you have pictures of your car anywhere? It almost sounds like our cars are going in the same direction as far as looks. Keep me posted!

Old 03-26-2009, 09:55 PM

Rick, I don't have any pics yet but maybe I'll take a few tommorrow. I installed my projector headlights today and boy are they sweet. The halos are nice. I still have to adjust them but I would say they're worth every penny. I waited until ebay sent me a ten % off coupon so I got them for $270 shipped, about the same as what I paid for my tailights. I honestly think I'm done with mods. There's not much else to do except motor, downpipe/high flow cat, and tuning, but it's a daily driver so I don't want to go crazy with that stuff.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Photobucket

Well that's great to hear. I'm glad you're happy with the way your Monte has turned out. I'm taking my time on the mods. It helps the pocket book, and also leaves me with things to keep me busy. That way Mr. Burns is always in transformation mode.

I can't wait to see your car.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by custom95
Rick, I don't have any pics yet but maybe I'll take a few tommorrow. I installed my projector headlights today and boy are they sweet. The halos are nice. I still have to adjust them but I would say they're worth every penny. I waited until ebay sent me a ten % off coupon so I got them for $270 shipped, about the same as what I paid for my tailights. I honestly think I'm done with mods. There's not much else to do except motor, downpipe/high flow cat, and tuning, but it's a daily driver so I don't want to go crazy with that stuff.
I'd like to see what those new projector headlights look like too, as I might want to do that on my '06 LT. Do you have a cardomain page you can upload them to?
Put a video clip of your new Super 40s up on youtube when you get a chance.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:54 AM

here's a few shots of the tips:

Old 03-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Photobucket

Those tips look awesome! I can't wait to see the rest and hear it!

Old 04-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Default about to order my flow 40s

custom95, where did you find those tail lights and the badass badging? I have removed the gold bowtie from the rear, and would love to do something to the SS badges and the front bowtie. I am also looking for an upgrade to the headlights.

I am new to the forum and am waiting to repair my camera so I can throw my ride up on the site...Former 85 SS owner. Now White 06 SS with only K&N with small cosmetic stuff...

Quick Reply: flowmaster super 40's