Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

flowmaster super 40's

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Default flowmaster super 40's

just a heads up, i got some super 40's for $69 a piece at wundercarparts.com. that's the cheapest i've found them and i've been searching for a while.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Oh yeah! I have that link book marked. I intend on replacing my mufflers with those. Great prices at that place. I wish the price of the K&N intake was cheaper there as well, but ebay has the best prices for that.

Did you get them installed yet? Did you get tips too? I found a nice tip on the same site I'm going to get to replace the stock ones when I decide to make the purchase. Keep us posted!

Old 03-19-2009, 07:39 PM

That'll change the tune coming out the back a bit.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:35 PM

i ordered the 3.5 inch stainless flowmaster tips off the same site ($40 a piece) and i forgot to mention free shipping for everything. if my tips show up tommorrow everything will be installed by the end of the day, hopefully. i'll report back and let everyone know how they sound.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:20 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Can't wait to see pics when you are done installing them!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Photobucket

Custom95 try getting us a sound clip! I can't wait to hear/see how it sounds/looks. You may have picked up the same tips I have in mind as well so I am VERY interested. Are you going to just replace the mufflers or are you removing the resonator as well? I plan on keeping everything except the muffler and tips. Keep us posted!

Old 03-20-2009, 03:03 PM

i'm not sure on the resonator yet, if it's not loud enough for me after the mufflers are on i'll probably have the shop remove it- we'll see. my tips aren't here yet so it'll be wednesday or so before it goes on- bummer. this isn't mine, but a member on ls1ech posted the exact same setup:
http://www.eprowebdesigns.com/06Mont.../06MonteSS.avi

rickakated10, weren't you looking for pics of a black 06 with led tails and black projectors? I've got the tails and the projectors are on the way. i've also got black five spoke 20s w/polisished lip, tinted windows and carbon fiber badging. I'll try to get some pics posted after i get it detailed in another few weeks.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Photobucket

I heard that setup. I actually have the video saved. I listen to it frequently! Sounds amazing. I'll be leaving my resonator on like that guy did since I don't want it to be too loud inside the car. I don't want it to drone.

I think you NEED to get some pics posted.

I was looking into the tail, but I'm not going to go with them. I may however go with the headlights. I haven't decided what direction I want to go with that. I may just upgrade bulbs and add some eyelids decals. It would be cheaper, that's for sure. My 18 inch wheels are here, I just need to get them mounted!

Old 03-20-2009, 03:55 PM

yeah, most likely i'll be leaving the resonator on too. currently my headlights are tinted (an attempt to get the look i wanted with out forking out the cash for the projectors) but it cuts the light output and one has a few spots that bother me so bit the bullet and ordered the projectors. i think i saw your post for your wheels and if i remember correcty, they're pretty nice.

have you thought about tinting the tails?

Old 03-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Photobucket

Considered it, but I honestly like the starburst effect they have. I really don't want to cover it up. I'm going to try not to go too overboard with this car.

Supposedly this guy has Flowmaster Super 40's as well. He drives the car at the end of the video. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARrSrhde_jA

Last edited by RickAKATed10; 03-20-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Quick Reply: flowmaster super 40's