Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Flexpipe from T.O.G.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Default RE: Flexpipe from T.O.G.

once again this is your choice. do with your car what you want. I could careless if im a mod here or not.

hope your car gose to geather well for ya.

no offence on any of it. but was trying to make sure that you didnt do it with out looking in to other options. . if you are going to put heads cam etc... Sure then it makes sens to add the headders but if not then i was simply saying they dont make a enough of a gain for them alone.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:32 PM

Headers will give you some gain at the top end on a 3.4 or 3.25" pulley setup on the M90, but it's true that the $800 or so can be spent elsewhere to get better gains if that's as far as you're going. Rockers, PEMs, and a good tune would probably net more HP for the same dollar.

In Keegan's setup, he's going a little deeper, so Iam totally in agreementthat headers are required if he wants to get the potential out of that setup...

While I'm on the subject of his setup, Keegan, what heads and cam are you going with??? I'm curious to know... if you need any info in making choices, I've run two different cams, , stock heads and ported heads, both intercooled and non-intercooledand can give you some feedback if you like on the differences.

Thanks for the props on the write-up. It's my pleasure to give back to the community. I've sponged up enough over the past 3 years, so now it's my time to share. :-) It's tough to think that a little over 3 years ago, I was scared to install an intake.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:24 AM

Well, although alot of people don't like intense, I am thoroughly pleased with the port job that they did on my friends GTP heads... That being said, Rob, I'm gonna splurge and get the Stage 3 Ported Heads, and probably eat the core charge, so that I can keep my original heads if I ever decide to "home port" my heads, much like yours. I am really not ready, just yet, to risk doing a port and polish on my own, and Intense Racing also has the ported lower intake manifold that matches up with their port jobs perfectly.

As far as a cam, I will probably end up keeping stock compression ratio, and after that,I am going to drop a Stage3 Blower Cam in. Shortly After I do all of these mod's throughout the winter and into next spring, I will either blow my tranny, or come very close to it, and that is when I will start looking at a higher stall torque converter, along with a new tranny,that will work best with the Stage 3 Cam.

http://www.intense-racing.com/video/mullins_s3.wmv

Check out how mean that Pontiac sounds.

Anyways, if you have any suggestions on an intercooler, I would love to hear them. After I drop pulley sizes, and get my car tuned just where I want it, I am hoping that next spring I can add an intercooler, and if I do my mod's just right, I will NEVER have to experience knock retard.

-Keegan

Old 08-20-2007, 07:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

lol...are we talking about the flex pipe still?? lol

is it there because they dont guarentee fit??? because you shouldn't need it if they fit properly, i would stay away from it if you dont need it, just another piece to go bad

Old 08-20-2007, 08:32 AM

Well according to the website, the Flexpipe minimizes vibration and movement that can crack the downpipe, or the header's collector...

-Keegan

Old 08-20-2007, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member

oh, well i guess it would work like that, i've personally never liked them...being in the auto parts business you have a lot of people ask for them because they go bad pretty quickly

Old 08-20-2007, 09:18 AM

So you dont think that if I buy the bolt-in application, something will snap without the flexpipe?

Old 08-20-2007, 09:30 AM

There are some flexes that are garbage out there.... but the one you get with TOG is stainless, and of a good quality.

I'm still running it after 2 *hard* years of use, and it hasn't cracked or rusted out.

You'll be happy with the IS3 heads.... I'm not a fan of the Intense cams though... just my personal taste, which is to stay under .550" valve lift.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:50 AM

Alright, I'll take your word for it with the flexpipe. Besides, they have a:

"These "new-style" headers are of the highest quality and The Other Guys are so confident of their workmanship they offer a Full Unlimited Lifetime Warranty against defects and damage."

So, ill take a chance and have it welded in.

As far as the heads, I have heard they are excellent. Why don't you like that much of a lift on a cam lobe? Does it cause problems with the intake or exhaust?

-Keegan

Old 08-20-2007, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member

i guess it has to do with where you are from too, up here it would rust from all the salt, but, if your in a nice area its probably pretty good....i guess if its designed for it i would use it,do they warranty it?? can you buy just that piece if something goes bad?