Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust Build: Exhaust Work Started!!!

Old 10-25-2015, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Exhaust Work Started!!!

Well when I bought my car about 5 months ago, they had just put a new cat on it due to computer throwing errors. They had to do this to pass emissions. Since That was new I though I would start working on the rest from here. Today I completed the U-Bend and Resonator Delete. I am VERY pleased with the difference just that has made. I feel like it is running smoother already.

This is just a start. I was thinking of swapping out the down pipe for the 3 inch free flow, but since the cat is new (and my county requires the car have a cat for emissions) I am going to just keep that for now.

The next step is going to be the change of the mufflers. I am wanting to change them out to Magnaflow, and want to put on tips with the ends bent into chevy bow-tie. I am just not sure what model mufflers to use. Since the new strait pipe is 2.5 inch, I will probably stay with that to the inlet on the mufflers.

Check out the pics of what I did today, and let me know any opinions you have on the Magnaflow mufflers you have had luck with. I prefer a model I can order through Oriley's Auto since my dad works there and can get them for almost half off. I know it is cheating, but money saved, is money that can go somewhere else on the car.

William (Bill) Kimes
2002 Pace Car #169 of 1150

Old 10-25-2015, 09:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow, your really getting on it, nice work so far. Dang the underside of your Monte looks like it has never seen bad weather, looks nice. Here is a link to some Magnaflows that will work for you. They are what I run...

6" ROUND 14158

Old 10-25-2015, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Wow, your really getting on it, nice work so far. Dang the underside of your Monte looks like it has never seen bad weather, looks nice. Here is a link to some Magnaflows that will work for you. They are what I run...

6" ROUND 14158
Thanks ZIP. Did you delete the u-bend and resonator on yours as well. Any chance you might have a sound bite on how those sound. I would love to hear them. I am still trying to decide if I want to use the straight through mufflers, or the dual chamber ones. Thanks again.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Zippy car won't sound anything goes close to yours with the same mufflers because he is completely built with a turbo setup. Also if your not supercharged don't get a 3" downpipe. It could hurt performance because of not enough back pressure.

Search this Thread