Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust&Intake on a low budget

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Default Exhaust&Intake on a low budget

I don't have a lot of money to throw around, but I would like to do some things to my 02 LS. This is my first real car that I purchased myself, and I would like to change some things on it. First off, it is a 2002 Monte Carlo LS, 3.4 Liter V6. I am looking for a cold air intake and a good exhaust that is affordable with a low budget. Any ideas? Ideally, I would like to have a Y converter that way it comes out through 2 pipes. It may not be a true dual exhaust but I think it looks better that way. Please help me if you can.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Default RE: Exhaust&Intake on a low budget

[align=center]Hi `Josh, from the Buckeye State of Ohio[/align][align=center]Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family Forum.[/align][align=center]We have many members from your beautiful state.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Use the MCF Search Engine for many of your questions,[/align][align=center]and I'm sure that member's with your year/model Monte Carlo[/align][align=center]will post suggestions/mod's for your Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]When I first joined, I just started click'in everything,[/align][align=center]and have learned a lot.[/align][align=center]We have some super/super members, but sometimes[/align][align=center]youhave to wait for them to get online to answer[/align][align=center]your questions, or give suggestions for your `ride [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We also hope you post some pictures of your Monte, and[/align][align=center]we look forward to your future posts.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Good Luck to you with your Monte,[/align][align=center]from `Space[/align]

Old 05-05-2008, 02:16 PM

Cheapest catback around is Dynomax which is around $400. If you wanted to just y the pipe out back and with mufflers I say go with Flowmaster. All Togather with that around $300 including pipe, mufflers and tips. Intake check out milzymotorsports.com they have a FWI. Also ZZperformance has the Wizaired intake but it's around$265 after shipping, filter and the right one for the 3.4.Those are a couplethings, if you have anymore ?'s just let us know.
Website to check out:
zzperformance.com
milzymotorsports.com
wbodystore.com
3800performance.com

Old 05-05-2008, 02:58 PM

haha, wow, i remember I was the same way a while ago... I went with the y pipe and put dual flow-master 40's on it with a ubend delete and resonator delete. it gave me some freed up HP and then, I droped a K&N CAI wizair kit in the engine bay. total, the exhaust cost me about 350 after labor and the CAI was 24X.XX

Old 05-06-2008, 07:27 AM

Hey thanks for the help. I couldn't find the wizaired on zz performance. is there anywhere else i can find it? Also, Do I have to get different pipe pieces for the flowmaster 40's with the Y, or is there a kit designed for my car, or a whole piece? And where would i find the right flowmaster parts.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:38 AM

Just go to an exhaust shop and tell them you want to y out the pipe in the back for dual exhaust and they should have Flowmaster's in stock. I would get 3" rolled tips, look the best IMO on Montes. On ZZP go to Grand Prix section, air intake, then Wizaired and pick the right things and buy.