Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Default exhaust

How many mufflers are you guys running? I want to just run one muffler where the resonator is now, is this possible? Will a muffler fit in the space where the resonator is? The reason I want to do this is because you can see the two stock mufflers hanging up under the car and It doesnt lookall that great. Also what muffler do you guys reccomend? I want a nice deep smooth tone. Not choppy at all, just deep and smooth.

Thanks in advance,
Steven

Old 11-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Default RE: exhaust

ORIGINAL: 03SS

How many mufflers are you guys running? I want to just run one muffler where the resonator is now, is this possible? Will a muffler fit in the space where the resonator is? The reason I want to do this is because you can see the two stock mufflers hanging up under the car and It doesnt lookall that great. Also what muffler do you guys reccomend? I want a nice deep smooth tone. Not choppy at all, just deep and smooth.

Thanks in advance,
Steven
the resonator is behind the left rear tire and it would be near impossible to run a muffler there. and i suggest either a flowmaster super 44 or a 80 series. all depends on your taste, they have clips on youtube of what our cars with all these mufflers sound like for further advice. what i did was right past the cat i ran 1 super 44 and side exit after that, a muffler will fit there. hope this helps

Old 11-11-2007, 07:20 PM

X2. You won't get the best sounds because 6 cyl still don't sound like 8's, but they can be much better.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:13 AM

WHAT?

there is plenty of space under the car for a single muffler. i run a single magnaflow muffler under the car just after the cat, a glass pack where the res by the tire was and then a Y and dual pipes.

sounds nice and deep. no rasp, single was cheeper and lighter... best of both worlds

Old 11-12-2007, 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: z34phoenix

WHAT?

there is plenty of space under the car for a single muffler. i run a single magnaflow muffler under the car just after the cat, a glass pack where the res by the tire was and then a Y and dual pipes.

sounds nice and deep. no rasp, single was cheeper and lighter... best of both worlds
whats the what for? i agreed it was room there but i said there isnt room to place the muffler where the resonator used to be. the setup i have now has the si/do right after the cat then side exit. but remember it is a 6 cylinder it wont sound as good as a v8 but dont get me wrong it will sound pretty sweet

Old 11-15-2007, 09:22 PM

Yeah, I just dont want the two mufflers visable like they are now. So anywhere under the car would be good.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:39 PM

I run 3" from the headers to the Y before the gas tank. My split doesn't happen after the gas tank anymore. It evens the flow out a bit better.

Also, if you go in the sights and sounds section, you can see my setup, but it's a little dark. What I have now is a 30" long, 3" in/out, and 6" round magnaflow res/muffler right after my cat. I have no rasp, and the rumble is deep. Every person that I've asked so far does not believe it's a 6 cyl. They think it's a V8 on steroids.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:22 PM

I just got my exhaust installed and sounds great. I got 2.5" pipe from the cat to the Y split, no resonaterand dual 40 flowmasters. If you want great sound get it done that way Ill put up vids when I get a chance.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:04 AM

^ X2
Thats what i got sounds sweet