Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Ebay Headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 02:14 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Old 01-02-2010, 02:53 PM

I have no problem paying for quality just hate paying for a name.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:38 PM
STILL SLOW
10 Year Member

Really they look fine, theyre gonna need to be modded and welded anyway so the fitment isnt and issue, especially for the price. Look around for people who can do it locally before you get them that way you arent in a rush to put them in. I wouldnt pay for pacesetters for the name either, thats just dumb.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:51 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

its like buying a Corsa or Borla exhaust all ur payin for is the name, my exhaust piping is an exact copy of Corsas & it didnt cost me over 1 grand to get but i also dont like the cheapest stuff out there medium priced stuff is usually the way to go

Old 01-02-2010, 10:22 PM

These are the ones that are good quality/no xtra modding?

Old 01-02-2010, 10:56 PM
STILL SLOW
10 Year Member

I used those and all that needed to be done was a bit cut off the crossover. Im sure they leak a little bit but I cant hear it over how loud my engine is now

Old 01-04-2010, 07:41 PM

the only thing i was thinking is that the pipe size may be a bit big for n/a motors ... but they don't say how large they are...
They're pacesetter knock-offs (you can easily tell by the Y pipe just before the downpipe). The bad thing is, pacesetters are 1.75" primaries, which is even a pinch big for mildly modded SC cars, and they have a 3" downpipe outlet- for comparison purposes, the S&S headers (IMO, the only ones truly made for the NA 3800's) have 1.5" primaries and a 2.5" downpipe outlet.

The only other thing I'd watch for in buying these is the seal at the Y pipe- many people have had a problem getting the pacesetters to seal there- many resort to welding it up- the one pipe needs expanded to much more snugly fit the other to ensure a leak free seal- so you may want to check fitment there before install as well.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:39 PM

Everythings on Ebay!

Old 01-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

now that's just not right

Old 01-05-2010, 08:34 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

To quote "Inglorious Bastards", and I tried to find the quote on YouTube....

"They have a saying where I come from too. If it's too good to be true, it ain't."

Check this guys feedback. If you pour over them, you may find fit & finish issues. Maybe the bolts that go in are tricky to get lined up perfectly....

I had to get a set of headers for the 390 on my torino, they have to be bent certain ways to hug my block on that car to go around my shock towers, then my cross member, the steering gear box, the transmision, etc., and I'm here to tell you... that thing nearly touches EVERYTHING, and they had everything that is in that car in mind and bent it around to meet perfectly, but they sure didn't have you working on the stuff in mind when they made them... but they do fit!!! (They're Doug's Headers, btw)

The moral of the story is... don't just buy ANY headers! It may rub the block, it may rub your starter, the firewall... plus, to change the headers on this car out, I suspect you'll have to take the motor mount bolt loose, probably jack up on the oil pan or something to raise the engine up.. plus, if your'e not careful and you have many miles, there's the chance you could break a bolt off and have ot pull the cylinder head to get it out.... and exhaust is alot of heat, so then you may have trouble taking the collectors loose, and then if the fit and finish is bad for these headers, they may very well be like a half inch/inch away from aligning, the bolts may not line up with the holes in the head quite perfectly.... it's a mess!!!

One final word of advice.. if you do embark, do not tighten anything anywhere until every bolt and nut is started. You may need everything loose to bend and straighten everything up to fit!

Quick Reply: Ebay Headers