Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Corsa performance...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Default Corsa performance...

Anyone have any experience with Corsa? I need a full KIT for the exhaust, not just mufflers, and Corsa performance has What I think will be a great catback kit for under a grand.

http://www.3800performance.com/Merch...oduct_Count=20

I also saw a borla kit...

http://www.3800performance.com/Merch...roduct_Count=6

I did a search in the previous posts, and I didnt see anything...

And as always, thanks in advance all

And Space, I know you are gonna be the first one to reply, and NO, I didnt make a donation to the sperm bank.
hahaha

Old 07-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Default RE: Corsa performance...

I have the borla cat-back system and it fits perfectly and sounds nice when you are driving down the road and at wot it is very loud. then at a stop you cant really hear it. that is with my na 3.8 so i think on your sc3.8 it would be a little louder

Old 07-15-2007, 04:38 PM

[align=center]Hi Keegan, & member's reading this post : ),[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Sorry, I was out washing cars/boats, & missed being the first to answer : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I've heard the Borla System on a Stock 3.8L SS, & it sounds awesome : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I also like the twin tips, just because it's different from the rest : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I tried to look for a sound clip, but couldn't find @ present.[/align][align=center]I will continue to search, in the near future.[/align][align=center]I didn't think it was too loud, just a powerful deep sound to my ears.[/align][align=center]Borla designs some great systems, for some exotic cars : )[/align][align=center]Let us know what you decide. Exhaust Mod's are on my wish list : )[/align][align=center][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Peace Out[/align][/align][/align]

Old 07-15-2007, 05:30 PM

So, After evaluating that, I realized that clearance might be an issue!

I wonder if the dual tips will fit in where the single tips are currently...

I wish I could just hear a sound clip. if I could find one, that would probably sell me on the Borla..

Old 07-15-2007, 05:44 PM

Hey BlackSS, did you notice any acceleration differences with that catback exhaust and r/t downpipe?

Old 07-15-2007, 05:45 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Click below link & search for sound clips : ) `Space[/align][align=center][:-]Turn up your Speakers `Keegan : ) [/align][align=center]http://www.exhaustsoundclips.com/phpbb2/dload.php[/align]

Old 07-15-2007, 05:49 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Frequently Asked Questions

[/align][align=center]

How much horsepower can I expect to gain?

How does FLOW affect performance and sound?

Will I get better gas mileage?

Why does it cost more?

What does it sound like?

Will it void my factory warranty?

Is a bigger pipe and muffler system better?

My new car came with Stainless Steel exhaust from the factory! What's the difference?

Can I install a BORLA system myself?

Do I need to make any modifications to my vehicle to install the system?

Is our product different from a 'glass pack' design?

Are XR-1® exhaust products street legal?

Why is BORLA exhaust so much better than the other guys?

Where can I buy a BORLA system?

Why don't you have sound clips on each of your part numbers?

Why are your C6 Cat-Backsâ„¢ so expensive?

What makes an austenitic steel the best choice for an exhaust upgrade?

How do I keep my Borla shining?

What procedure or formula do you use to determine the perfect muffler sound?

Explain the interaction of sound, pressure and heat waves in muffler design.

What is the decibel limit for street applications? Are laws Local or Federal?

What are the most common muffler technologies on the market, and how do they work?

Is all sound cancellation technology the same?

Do bigger muffler pipes alter sound? If so, how?

Why does a pushrod Chevy V8 sound different from a pushrod Ford V8 engine? Is it the firing order?

An overhead cam V8 seems to have a higher pitch than a pushrod V8 of the same size. Is this because

Do you have a bionic ear at your company? If so, who’s ear has the final say-so on muffler sounds, a

How does a muffler’s sound and performance differ based on its location in the exhaust system (i.e.

Do you seek a “brand’ sound for each engine, or does one good design just happen to work (and sound)

Q. How much horsepower can I expect to gain?

An engine is an air pump, and BORLA's exhaust system allows the engine to pump and flow more uninterrupted air. The actual horsepower increase depends upon the fuel management system's ability to provide the right amount of fuel to match the extra air flow; 5 to 15% increases are not uncommon. Under racing conditions, our XR-1® collector mufflers actually make more horsepower than an

Old 07-15-2007, 05:56 PM

Keegan, check the below link for more sound clips : )
[:-]Click it and enter the type of exhaust & car [:-]
[align=center]http://www.aaxel.com/sound-clips.php[/align]

Old 07-15-2007, 06:02 PM

Wow, that Borla sounds great on a 3.4 and a 3.8. I bet once I get a stage 3 cam with new heads and T.O.G. headers it will sound INCREDIBLE! Thanks alot Space!

You are an internet Guru GOD [sm=thanx.gif]

Old 07-15-2007, 06:11 PM

[align=center]Hi Keegan, thanks for the compliment, but I'm sure not a Guru God : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I just a Space Kidon the Web : ) Learning something from every site that I travel.[/align][align=center] I'm learning so much about cars helping other[/align][align=center]members when I can,& reading their posts. It's also fun : )[/align][align=center]Can't wait to read what you end up doing, & hearing your sound clips.[/align][align=center]I love a great sounding exhaust : ) It's music to my ears/mind : )[/align][align=center]Peace Out, Enjoy....[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]