Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Convince me! Exhaust Setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04LaVaSS
I have an 04 N/A 3.8 and the combo i have is a 30 inch magnaflow resonator with 2.5 in piping into 2 flowmaster 40 series mufflers.
I'm still a little afraid of flowmasters on the 3.8s haha

Old 03-07-2012, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by monteguy03
I'm still a little afraid of flowmasters on the 3.8s haha
hahaha i was at first but i figured if i didnt like it ill take it off but honestly, i fell in love with the sound haha. There really isnt and kind of raspy chain saw noise like some of them have which im sure thats becaause of the magnaflow resonator. Usually when people put on flowmasters they remove the resonator completely and thats why they have such a chain saw annoying sound. I really wouldnt do my setup over again. I love just cruising around listening to the exhaust. IMO best setup ive heard on a monte 3.8!!

Old 03-07-2012, 11:39 AM

NICE thread....cant wait to do some on mine with cai

Old 03-07-2012, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by 04LaVaSS
hahaha i was at first but i figured if i didnt like it ill take it off but honestly, i fell in love with the sound haha. There really isnt and kind of raspy chain saw noise like some of them have which im sure thats becaause of the magnaflow resonator. Usually when people put on flowmasters they remove the resonator completely and thats why they have such a chain saw annoying sound. I really wouldnt do my setup over again. I love just cruising around listening to the exhaust. IMO best setup ive heard on a monte 3.8!!
You don't have a video of it do you?

Old 03-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the advise man, let me know if you come across the part number for those mufflers
Here are the ones I've got... Can't remember the length off hand, although they were the same length as the stock ones...

Magnaflow Polished Stainless Oval Body Mufflers

THE WIDE OPEN PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCE!
MagnaFlow Performance mufflers are 100% polished stainless steel and lap-joint welded for solid construction and rugged reliability even in the most extreme conditions. They feature a free-flowing, straight-through perforated stainless steel core, stainless mesh wrap and acoustical fiber fill to deliver that smooth, deep tone. Mufflers are packed tight with this acoustical material unlike some others' products to ensure long life and no sound degradation over time. Backed by a Lifetime Warranty.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

SLP PowerFlo cat-back, no regrets here... no weed-wacker sound either. Only got better with headers too if you ever plan on going that route (I really need to get a decent sound clip!)

Old 03-08-2012, 05:06 AM

Right now I have a full setup with ZZP headers downpipe and flowmaster super 44 mufflers. Itss loud and sounds really nice. But when it was N/A i just did a ubend delete and resonator delete with the super 44 flowmaster and it sounded great.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:19 AM

2004 Monte Carlo Exhaust - YouTube

This is how it all sounds

Old 03-08-2012, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
Here are the ones I've got... Can't remember the length off hand, although they were the same length as the stock ones...

Magnaflow Polished Stainless Oval Body Mufflers

THE WIDE OPEN PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCE!
MagnaFlow Performance mufflers are 100% polished stainless steel and lap-joint welded for solid construction and rugged reliability even in the most extreme conditions. They feature a free-flowing, straight-through perforated stainless steel core, stainless mesh wrap and acoustical fiber fill to deliver that smooth, deep tone. Mufflers are packed tight with this acoustical material unlike some others' products to ensure long life and no sound degradation over time. Backed by a Lifetime Warranty.
I think you tried posting a link but its not working

2004 Monte Carlo Exhaust - YouTube

This is how it all sounds
Thanks for posting the video Yellowjacket!

Old 03-08-2012, 06:12 PM

You don't have a video of it do you?
This is when before the exhaust was broken in. I have yet to make a newer clip

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Convince me! Exhaust Setup