Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

CAI from Cold Air Inductions

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 08:58 AM

why dont you put bushings under it. like ones used on skateboards? and for the gaps could you buy weatherstripping like the kind used on trunks or doors to try and seal that gap up? on the powder coating thing you could have just plastidipped the box and then bought the lexan at home depot and riveted it in place.

Last edited by TheMonteMan; 06-21-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:02 AM

Love the look of the headlights, and I can't wait till I change the set I have for an intake, which is not an intake at all.... Lol. Good work

Old 06-21-2011, 07:28 PM

hey everyone, just wondering after looking at the ram air intakes in grand am gts would it be possible to put that whole setup in an 04 monte carlo with a 3400 or would it need major modifications . byt he whole setup i meant the plastic raim air piece and the air box and everything.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:21 AM

Monte of the Month -- August 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
why dont you put bushings under it. like ones used on skateboards? and for the gaps could you buy weatherstripping like the kind used on trunks or doors to try and seal that gap up? on the powder coating thing you could have just plastidipped the box and then bought the lexan at home depot and riveted it in place.

Did you have the same issue with the rattling noise against the underhood frame when going over any bumpy surfaces? If so, did you use those bushings? I did put a peice of rubber to limit the movement but its obviously not working as great as I anticipated. Stupid how they only used 2 bolts to hold down this part.

As far as the small gap, its not really a big issue to me the filter is still pretty much sealed off.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:31 PM

i dont have cai i have the k&n. just throwing an idea out there. i tell my gf all the time "im a trouble shooter, it's what i do." i thought that the box itself was rattling on bumps. i didnt realize it was rubbing. perhaps post pics, and circle where its rubbing? i would think if it was bouncing around, and hitting the under hood it should have worn some of the paint away.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:47 PM

Monte of the Month -- August 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
i dont have cai i have the k&n. just throwing an idea out there. i tell my gf all the time "im a trouble shooter, it's what i do." i thought that the box itself was rattling on bumps. i didnt realize it was rubbing. perhaps post pics, and circle where its rubbing? i would think if it was bouncing around, and hitting the under hood it should have worn some of the paint away.

Hey there again. If you check page 2 , I posted a couple of pictures. Right where I placed the 'Cold air inductions' sticker (very bottom right of the picture) is where it seems to have a little bit of play and it seems to be tapping against the painted frame when i go over bumps and I can hear it when i have no music on and windows closed. Its starting to drive me nuts.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:50 PM

where did you get the different jet black intake tube for the intake in the original post photo