Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Borla Exshast

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Default RE: Borla Exshast

When I was having my exhaust put on, it was only an addition $30 for them to remove the ubend, parts included in the price. 75 just for the part is a rip off! If your having a shop put it on, ask them to do it while they have it already up on the lift and it will be much cheaper than buying the parts seperate and making them lift it back up!

Old 04-14-2008, 08:18 PM

Thank for the help, I will get the u benddelete, YES I know about pfyc, I check almost everyday for new parts. I can probably get the u bend delete for $100-$150 include install and fab. I got my exshast threw a parts store, it's $929+ tax and stuff... Reason going threw a store is that. Customs will rape you when they come across the boarder it will be the price it says delivered to the shop. If it'sdelivered to my door...I pay $929+ shipping+customs+taxes= raped. Last timeI got a $600 package it was $256 custom fee+taxes. On top of an $80 shipping fee! yeah dude for $600 paid $900 for cloths! I ebay a little tho, never had a problem their, but a bad experience tought me not to buy online, let the pros handle it if you spend more than $200 (probably only applies across boarder situation.)

Old 04-17-2008, 08:39 PM

I recived the Borla Cat back for 2003 LS, 3400 3.4 L, today. I am possibly dissapointed on the loudness to the system.... THEIR IS NONE!! I almost had more sound out of my stock system... Maybe I just have to wait untill the packing breaks apart and it gets louder, or I'm Istuck with a muffled sound?.... Or maybe they have silencers in them???

Old 04-17-2008, 09:52 PM

Sorry to here that after spending all that money on your mod. Whats next straight pipe?

Old 04-17-2008, 10:24 PM

Well, it's starting to get better, louder....not too loud but, I hope I get a little more louder. Getting happier by each ride it seems to be getting louder, so I guess this should be a good investment. I feel more hp/torche at lower gears and higher rpms, maybe it's my imagination? My short arm intake suckin more it seems to be now, but the first few rides were disapointing coming here instanty to complain lol. So maybe after a week I'll post pictures when I get a good day with a nice washed/waxed car, with a nice seanic veiw.

One Question, anyone with Borla catback, for anyone who has it or seen it.
Are your tips stamped with the Borla logo?, because mine do not have it, the picture shows it tho...

Old 04-17-2008, 10:36 PM

ORIGINAL: ButterMonte

One Question, anyone with Borla catback, for anyone who has it or seen it.
Are your tips stamped with the Borla logo?, because mine do not have it, the picture shows it tho...
i was wondered the same thing when i got mine. Mine do not have the borla logo on the tips like the picture shows

Old 04-17-2008, 11:52 PM

I saw your clip of your exshaust 2000_black_ss, the borla system is really not loud at all for the monte carlo, if you want louder effect I guess 44's or 40's would have been the way. But the perfomance is in the at cat back system. I e-mailed them about the loudness of their exshaust. I also asked eailer, about the size and diamiters of the toubing pipe etc. got this e-mail back..(piping size)

The pipe diameter from the catalytic converter to the muffler is 2 ¼”. The pipe from the muffler to the tips is 2”. The tips are 3 ½” in diameter. The tip is a single, rolled round, phantom style tip.
The pipe diameter from the catalytic converter to the muffler is 2 ¼”. The pipe from the muffler to the tips is 2”. The tips are 3 ½” in diameter. The tip is a single, rolled round, phantom style tip.

Greg L. Weiss
Customer Service Manager
Account Manager
Borla Performance Industries
5901 Edison Drive
Oxnard, CA 93033
Direct Line: 805-246-6062
Fax: 805-986-8940
gregw@borla.com
AIM:gregwatborla

Just incase anyone wanted to know for sure.

Old 04-18-2008, 06:25 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i think the reason so many cat backs are quiet is that thats what people want now... the days of people wnating everyone in town to hear them as they drive by are done... the cops are tired of and so are most peoples ears. msot people just want a quiet, deep mellow tone that is just audible and slightly noticable now.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:03 PM

If I were to delete the resonator, you think I would get more sound of my borla system with striaght threw?

Old 04-18-2008, 10:04 PM

I don't know that that would enhance the sound the way that you would want. Removing the resonator will cause more drone in the cabin.

Quick Reply: Borla Exshast