Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Borla Exshast

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Default Borla Exshast

Hello,
This is my first post, and I am a new member. The reason I am posting is about, borla exshast. I have just resently bought the Borla Catback system for 2003 LS Monte Carlo 3.4 (3400 SFI). Now it is in the mail... That is the problem, I'm getting impatient. It should be here this week, but I still have not heard the borla catback on a monte carlo and am just going on by word. I am looking for the nice grumble hopfully borla is not super loud but noticable, if anyone knows either where I can see/or hear the exshast on a monte are tell me how loud/cabin noise. I would not be disapointed if is insanely loud, just don't want the red and blue attention too much.

About this "u bend" does the 3.4 have it? Will the catback replace it? The pisture shows where it is, but it would be awsome the know where it sits between, like a verble/diagram?. Asking because pfyc only show it for the 3.8, also just found about this web site and am finding it very helpful with other stuff. Thank you in advance!

Old 04-14-2008, 04:58 AM
Default RE: Borla Exshast

Hi `Jason, from Canada & Welcome to the MCF.
Explore the forum, and use the forum's search engine
for topic's of your concerns.
Borla makes great products, and we hope you take pictures
of your Monte & new exhaust & post them.
We have many members from your great country.
We have several expert helpful members, and I'm sure
that you will gain a lot of information that you need about
your Monte Carlo.
Look forward to your future posts, and pictures.
Wish you good luck and happy miles in your Monte,
with the awesome sounds from your Borla exhaust : )
Peace/Out/`Space

Old 04-14-2008, 06:31 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The Borla Cat-Back MIGHT repalce it, but I doubt it. All the Monte's from 00+ have a u-bend, even the 3.4. If you have an exhuast hsop put on your Borla, just have them take teh u-bend out for you as well. Chances are you're going to have a hard tiem finding someone to take it out (I did), so don't get discouraged if you can't find some one to take it off the first day you try. Try searching YouTube for borla exhaust on a 3.4

www.youtube.com

Old 04-14-2008, 07:32 AM

If you need the U bend delete go to Partsforyourcar.com as shown on the forum. It is ready to be installed for $75.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:35 AM

PS I just went to the sight they have the Borla cat back system for $929 free shipping. I hope you got the same or a better deal.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:43 AM

Thanks for your help, I should find a shop to do a ubend delet with 1200+ shops closes by, Yeah was a little confused sisnce I didn't knowtice any 3.4 with the ubend delete. (also pfyc show it for the 3800) guess they are the same size 2.25 i think.

Yes I did get my exshaust for 929.99, it should be here this week. Still wondering on how loud the exhuast may be? nothing on youtube and only one sound clip on a ss (with headers, makes the sound totaly diffrent) Anyways I'm on my way out to work so maybe I might get the exshuast today, that would be freaking awsome! I also will post pics when it's on. (I already have a short arm intake and did lil paint mods, also I'll get a sound clip and maybe put it on youtube for people like me, who could not find this clip!)

Old 04-14-2008, 09:13 AM

ORIGINAL: ButterMonte

I didn't knowtice any 3.4 with the ubend delete
i have a 3.4, and a ubend delete.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

The Borla Cat-Back MIGHT repalce it, but I doubt it. All the Monte's from 00+ have a u-bend, even the 3.4. If you have an exhuast hsop put on your Borla, just have them take teh u-bend out for you as well. Chances are you're going to have a hard tiem finding someone to take it out (I did), so don't get discouraged if you can't find some one to take it off the first day you try. Try searching YouTube for borla exhaust on a 3.4

www.youtube.com
Correction if you don't mind Duane,all Montes from 00-05 have the 'traditional' u-bend.

This is what 06-07 has:

[IMG]local://upfiles/1368/2322522FAE0E46DB9671CC76F46DA603.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-14-2008, 01:36 PM

5 Year Member

sorry GPD.. i was thinking 6th generation, i just wasn't paying attention. i mean't 00-05. thanks for the correction. i remember when you got your flowmasters and posting that. the reason i said all 00+ is i guess i was thinking on terms of hte platform, being that both the 3.4 and 3.8 have it soi just said all monte's... ooops.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:37 PM

5 Year Member

don't search youtube for the monte carlo.. just put 3.4 borla, the same engine may be in several cars. don't buy that thing from pfyc.. ltos of people here say i got ripped and i payed $50 to have my u bend cut out... if you pay $75 for just the part you really will get ripped

Quick Reply: Borla Exshast