Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

2006 Monte Carlo SS Cold Air Box

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 03:49 AM
Default RE: 2006 Monte Carlo SS Cold Air Box

good luck with them im glad they insulate them better then his was.

i still am not sold on the way they look in the car.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:41 AM

yeah i had the same problems as you guys. but has your guys plastic windows double sided tape melt off? i went to do a check up on it and my plastic windows were gone! i wrote the company and they haven't replied yet. big bummer.

Old 10-25-2006, 09:41 AM

not yet... my plastic windows are still on there... good to know though - I'll have to check on 'em...

Old 10-25-2006, 06:25 PM

06MonteSS
Your air box should mount to the PCM tray with three screws. Two on the left and one on the right side of the PCM tray.

TonyRumbleSS
Your intake is the first we've seen like this. These intakes are cut with a CNC and should all be the same. We wanted pic's of your install to make sure it was not an install error. If the kit is defective we will be happy to replace it.

ProfChub
For the last couple months we used a different adhesive tape. We've since changed back to our original adhesive supplier.
If anyone has this problem please contact us.

These intakes are welded aluminum. When aluminum cools it warps. We assemble the intakes while there hot to help keep them from warping but it still happens.

If anyone has questions please contact us at sales@coldairinductions.com.

Thanks
James

Old 10-26-2006, 09:55 AM

ORIGINAL: CAI Inc.

06MonteSS
Your air box should mount to the PCM tray with three screws. Two on the left and one on the right side of the PCM tray.

Thanks
James
Yes, it does... but if this is in reference to the wobbling, I'm talking about the PCM tray itself - there are only 2 screws on the left that go into those c-clips. So, in effect, once the box is mounted to the PCM tray, the whole thing wobbles side to side - because the PCM tray lifts up on the right side due to it only being screwed down on the left. There's nothing holding it down on the right - so it rocks back and forth making a tapping noise everytime it moves/vibrates and hits the metal underneath it - due to it not being screwed down on the right side.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:24 PM

CAI, Inc. does one forum message check and only one response, that's it???

Old 10-28-2006, 11:57 PM

Too many fitment issues it sounds like with this model. I will be going with the K&N unit I think.

Jason

Old 10-31-2006, 08:59 PM

Another question I have for CAI, Inc. is this:

Do you guys plan on creating/providing a new intake tube for this box as well, like you have for your intake kits?? That would surely be another great improvement over the stock/OEM ribbed rubber hose that is currently in place with this box.

If so, please let me know - as I would love to order this improved intake tube and increase the performance of this box even further!

If not - :-( -- please let me know that as well, so that I may look elsewhere for an alternative.

You've constructed a great product here, and it would be awesome if you were able to provide this missing piece of the puzzle - as well as fix the fitment/alignment and wobbling issue.

Thanks!

Old 11-04-2006, 03:30 AM

Say 06MonteSS,

Good point/question.

Looks like CAI Inc. would have came back with a reply by now.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:46 AM

I would contact them again and have them post a responce on the forum. It's cool that they took the time to check, but like any company they can't patrol the 1000's of forums out there.

Quick Reply: 2006 Monte Carlo SS Cold Air Box