Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

06 SS help

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 05:45 PM
Default 06 SS help

I just got an 06 SS fully loaded but i am lookin to get a CAI and exhaust done to it. Only problem is I can't find a single CAI for sell for it and i don't know how to make my own... so if any1 has any ideas they are greatly appreciated. Also how much increase in sound would I get if I took the resignator off? Oh and since 4 cylinders shut off to save gas, would my car still sound like a 8 or would it turn import on me ? Thanks for the help

Stevo

Old 08-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Default RE: 06 SS help

There are several guy's here that have made CAI's. You more than likely will not find an aftermarket CAI for several months yet.

Also how much increase in sound would I get if I took the resignator off? Oh and since 4 cylinders shut off to save gas, would my car still sound like a 8 or would it turn import on me ? Thanks for the help

Turn Import on Me.... lol Now that's funny... I would venture to say that FlowMaster 40's with the resonators removed would sound really cool. Maybe a little on the too loud side but you never know till you cut them off.