Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): 05 ss/05 ls exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 09:23 PM
Default 05 ss/05 ls exhaust

Does anyone know if a 05 monte carlo ss dual exhaust work on a 05 ls?

Old 03-21-2016, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by karni478
Does anyone know if a 05 monte carlo ss dual exhaust work on a 05 ls?
It would work. Last summer I gave my 04 LS a dual exhaust. Both the LS and the SS have a single pipe then they split with a y. I believe the only thing you'd need extra is a hanger for the other side I could be wrong though. It looks much better with a dual exhaust

Old 03-21-2016, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cownuv
It would work. Last summer I gave my 04 LS a dual exhaust. Both the LS and the SS have a single pipe then they split with a y. I believe the only thing you'd need extra is a hanger for the other side I could be wrong though. It looks much better with a dual exhaust
Thanks for the reply. Thats what i was thinking. Ive been told it wouldnt look good with dual..but my 05 carlo LS came with the SS body kit so my rear bumper has the dual cut out's and it just dont look right with just a single exhaust and i wanted to put dual flowmaster super 44's on it.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The LS and SS from '00-'05 have the same ground fx. If you have a SS with the High Sport package, then you have different ground fx.
But I agree, the rear of these cars does not look right with a single muffler.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
The LS and SS from '00-'05 have the same ground fx. If you have a SS with the High Sport package, then you have different ground fx.
But I agree, the rear of these cars does not look right with a single muffler.
Mine is a 05 LS with the SS body kit. I went to the auto parts store and the guy showed me the exhaust y pipe for a 05 SS and ive looked under my car all the hook ups are there for dual exhaust. So now im just looking around for the Y pipe..hopefully soon ill have dual mufflers on it.

Old 03-22-2016, 09:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There is no SS body kit. I assume you mean a "high sport" kit.

Attached are two pics of the rear ends of the '00-'05 Montes. The one that says Intimidator has the High Sport ground fx. These ground fx were offered as an add-on package to an SS, but was not standard to the SS (they were standard on the various "limited edition" package like the Pace Car series).

The other pic with the PA plate (belonging to our other admin, ChibiBlacksheep) is the factory SS without the High Sport ground fx. That was the base SS ground fx, which are the same as offered on the LS.

Anything else is an aftermarket package, not offered from the factory.

As for the Y pipe, that should be fairly easy to source from a parts store, maybe RockAuto.com, or a salvage yard. I completely agree these cars all look best with the dual mufflers.

$114+shipping from Rock:
More Information for WALKER 55597

Attached Thumbnails 05 ss/05 ls exhaust-0505_15z%252b2004_monte_carlo_intimidator_ss%252brear_trunk_view.jpg   05 ss/05 ls exhaust-rear.jpg