General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Zzp & milzy pcm

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Zzp & milzy pcm

Few questions for anybody with an aftermarket pcm, or knowledge on the subject.

firstly, to anyone who reguraly watches things on ZZP's website, did the price for their pcm go up from $99.99 to $199.99 or am i just going slowly insane?

second, which is my main concern, i've been planning on upgrading my pcm but useful information has been hard to come by. Apart from both ZZP and Milzy's websites i haven't found much info from users who have already purchased a pcm from one company or the other. searches on this forum and 3800Pro haven't been too helpful, and i'd really like to get the best bang for the buck.

the only thread i got was this below, and it was more dissuading than anything

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...=zzperformance

so to anyone with any knowledge on the subject, or to anyone who has dealt with either of these brand pcm's firsthand, was the upgrade as good as i've heard, and is there really a difference in the company i choose to buy from because it seems ZZP's pcm is programmed with a lot more additives but since i know close to nothing about tuning, i'm here asking any members who do have a clue

Also, would it make any difference to try and do a plog or an HV3 from zzp before i got a pcm?

Thanks

Last edited by wildnorth29; 08-18-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That is kinda odd that ZZP did increase the price on their PCM's. If you want to email them about that I'd be curious to hear about what you find about the price increase.

I did have them install their base 1.0 tune with the shift points increased and gained .3 in the 1/4 (went from a 14.9 to a 14.6).

Your best way to go is with a custom tune that someone can do for you. Otherwise I'd go with the ZZP one, unless you want to go with an unreliable source for you PCM (Milzy, sadly).

Old 08-18-2010, 12:52 AM

ha, yeah i did e mail zzp a while ago about their when their plog's will be back in stock but didn't ask about their pcm's pricing but i haven't gotten a reply anyway.

And i agree a custum tune would probably be the way to go, but i don't know or haven't found anyone in northern minnosta or wisconsin that does any tuning, let alone just for 3800's, and whats so bad about the milzy pcm?

Old 08-18-2010, 01:08 AM

and i guess, i should've also asked about the pcm from intense, so again any input is appreciated

Old 08-18-2010, 01:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by zipper
Your best way to go is with a custom tune that someone can do for you. Otherwise I'd go with the ZZP one, unless you want to go with an unreliable source for you PCM (Milzy, sadly).
True.

Don't get Intense either. Go custom or ZZP.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:20 AM

ZZP 1.0 is awesome. I would get that if I were you. It really woke up our monte. I got ours mainly to get rid of the p0420 code the popped up after we added our downpipe but you get so much more. The changed shift points are the most noticeable. When you go WOT under 40 mph it double down shifts and really pins you to the seat

Old 08-18-2010, 07:57 AM

How is Milzy unreliable? I know Mike, been to his shop a couple times and he does great work. Call him up or email him and he'll put whatever kind of tune you want on the pcm.

Intense Racing also does good work.

Last edited by Nocturnx; 08-18-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:39 AM

This is where I gotta come in a stick up for Mike, he might take a while for shipping, but he does quality work. Im in the middle of talking with him about doing some more tuning on my PCM, and hes gonna do everything for free as long as I pay for shipping. I would go with Milzy for the PCM cause if you have a problem, he will get it fixed without any fuss. He will also help you out with anything else you need. Seriously, there is too much sht talking about Milzy on the internet, and all this sht talking comes from one forum where one person had a bad expierience. Email him and ask what you have to ask, then you decide what to think of him. I dont know how many times Ive emailed him and asked about all kinds of stuff about my car, he has been nothing but helpful and happy to do so. Ive got numerous phone calls from him one which he just wanted to ask how I liked an item he sold me. Whatever, I give Mike two thumbs up for his work.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There is not just one person from one forum with a bad experience. Trust me on that. Several people are not happy with his business and will never deal with him again, myself included.

And if you really want to blow your motor up, then go ahead and get a PCM from Intense.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Intense is completely out of the question for me. I did not have one good experience with them ever, and I've ordered a number of things from them. I learned my lesson though and I haven't ordered from Intense in over 3 years now. Personally, I would NEVER order anything from Intense.

In regards to Milzy, if you read what I said I didn't say anything about his products being bad. It's just that I've heard a number of people complain that he takes a long time getting his orders out. Some people have really loved what they've gotten from him and others not so much. I ordered one thing from him (he doesn't stock a lot of 3800 parts) and it took him awhile to ship the part, but I did end up receiving it from him.

All I'm saying is that I've ordered MANY parts from ZZP, I've dealt with ZZP's cutomer service a LOT (through the good and the bad), and I've visited ZZP probably 5 or 6 times (3 of which were dyno tunes and one was for an install). I know for a fact that ZZP does excellent work with great products and I've never had a serious problem with them. You might be fine with Milzy though. I really would like to see him succeed in the GM v6 market.

Quick Reply: Zzp & milzy pcm