General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: What should I do?
Keep the bumper, use $$ for other things
73.33%
Get new bumper
26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Wreck Aftermath + TLC

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
You would need exhaust tips too so the HS kit isn't in front of your exhaust pipe.
I have tips.. They don't look good, but I have some lol.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think it would look weird with just the rear highsport.

I didn't realize that you had gotten a check or will be getting a check for the damage (idk what I was thinking) but I would spend that money on a bumper, like Mike said.

If someone's paying to keep your car in mint condition, why not, right?

For the intake, I would powdercoat it, but that depends on what's going on with the rest of your engine bay also.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
I think it would look weird with just the rear highsport.

I didn't realize that you had gotten a check or will be getting a check for the damage (idk what I was thinking) but I would spend that money on a bumper, like Mike said.

If someone's paying to keep your car in mint condition, why not, right?

For the intake, I would powdercoat it, but that depends on what's going on with the rest of your engine bay also.
My car isn't in mint condition though :P I need a new front bumper more than a rear bumper, well they're actually about equal. But I got an price at $702 at a body shop near me, I'll probably do that.. the rear bumper costs too much -_- I find it to be ridiculous that a lip for the rear bumper is $312 also -_- But I'm getting $160 for a package I returned, and $125 from a friend because I sold my subs to him. So that's $285 right there + the $86 I'll have leftover from the check, comes out to $371, I'd say that's plenty for my CAI lol.

What do you mean what's going on with the rest of the engine bay? It's stock. Might be getting billet dogbones once I have the money, also want some different colored braces for the engine bay. I'll probably go with powder coated black since my car is black.

Last edited by brendan127; 08-08-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:15 PM

I just confirmed the repair with auto body shop. $702 felt like too good of a price to pass up on for some reason, and it's nice that I'll still have some money left over. CAI is also a go as far as I'm concerned, I'm just going to wait until I have the money from the subs and refund probably.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by brendan127
My car isn't in mint condition though :P I need a new front bumper more than a rear bumper, well they're actually about equal. But I got an price at $702 at a body shop near me, I'll probably do that.. the rear bumper costs too much -_- I find it to be ridiculous that a lip for the rear bumper is $312 also -_- But I'm getting $160 for a package I returned, and $125 from a friend because I sold my subs to him. So that's $285 right there + the $86 I'll have leftover from the check, comes out to $371, I'd say that's plenty for my CAI lol.

What do you mean what's going on with the rest of the engine bay? It's stock. Might be getting billet dogbones once I have the money, also want some different colored braces for the engine bay. I'll probably go with powder coated black since my car is black.
If you're going with the billet dogbones, I would get it aluminum then, try to match them.

Personally if it were me I'd try to get the front and rear bumpers fixed before the intake and stuff.

Just remember, Ebay is your friend for body parts, you can even find some pre-painted

Old 08-08-2012, 04:27 PM

pick a black bumper up at a junk-yard and keep the rest of the money

Old 08-08-2012, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
If you're going with the billet dogbones, I would get it aluminum then, try to match them.

Personally if it were me I'd try to get the front and rear bumpers fixed before the intake and stuff.

Just remember, Ebay is your friend for body parts, you can even find some pre-painted
I was getting the same price for the rear bumper and even more sometimes. I'm probably not even gonna mess with the front bumper, It's got some scuffs from when I took out the headlights, got rid of most of the scuffs with polishing compound, but also added some swirls in the process on the driver side, I have no idea how that happened. and green scrapes on the driver side edge near the fog light from an unknown driver because apparently they didn't want their insurance or me to know.. spider web crack on the passenger side near that headlight, most people can't even see it unless they get close and have a top-down view.. and other than that it's just chips from bugs and rocks which would happen to my new bumper also. Only way that front bumper get's replaced is if someone hits it. I'll also probably still get powder coated black, the aluminum insulation is enough of a color match for me on the dogbones :p

Originally Posted by monte06ltz
pick a black bumper up at a junk-yard and keep the rest of the money
Kind of too late for that don't you think? Lol. The only bumper they had at the junk yard was a white HS for $300 anyways. Besides I don't know how to put a bumper on.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:42 PM

Kind of too late for that don't you think? Lol. The only bumper they had at the junk yard was a white HS for $300 anyways. Besides I don't know how to put a bumper on.[/QUOTE]

talk them down on the price and pick up the white one and go2 the autoparts store and get the spray paint the match's the color we have a have a guy on the forum that used that that paint on a impala bumper and put it on his monte and you could not even tell it was spray paint and its real easy to take off the bumper and put it on you could do it buy your self

Old 08-08-2012, 04:55 PM

`Brendan,"Your answer is in your mirror"
Just ask ? & listen to the voice in your Head (Mind)
I would spend my extra dollars on
what I `need & if there is any left, I would spend some on what I `want, or help other's in need..

I hope you get the answer(s) that is best 4 U & your Monte & your `life. (WoW) lol
Good Luck from `Space

Old 08-08-2012, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Space

`Brendan,"Your answer is in your mirror"
Just ask ? & listen to the voice in your Head (Mind)
I would spend my extra dollars on
what I `need & if there is any left, I would spend some on what I `want, or help other's in need..

I hope you get the answer(s) that is best 4 U & your Monte & your `life. (WoW) lol
Good Luck from `Space
I will never be able to figure you out space, lol. The voice in my head is kind of out to lunch right now lol.

Quick Reply: Wreck Aftermath + TLC