General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Wow, NOT impressed with fuel mileage so far...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Default RE: Wow, NOT impressed with fuel mileage so far...

ORIGINAL: AFAN4_29

With my 07 SS I was able to Drive from Virginia to Pennsyslvania which is a 8 hour drive for me with one tank of gas. I got 27 mpg when I divided the number of miles I drove to the next fillup gallons. And that was driving 75-80 most of the way and up mountains thru West Virginia.

cain45
Date 3/11/2007 1:56:50 AM

[sm=bicker.gif][sm=chairshot.gif]
27MPG in an SS...I call BS. I've yet to hear 1 person who owns an 06-07 SS get anything even remotely close to 25.
Well, cain45.....Now you have heard.....It's right before yours eyes.....in black & white 27mpg : ) James, how many people do you know that have 06-07 V-8's ? Maybe they are driving harder & faster? GM states that a Monte SS will get 27 MPG! Did GM lie
to the consumers?

Old 03-11-2007, 12:57 PM

Class assignment: Look up the below words & give definitions[:-]
Main Entry: 1neg·a·tive

[sm=icon_blah.gif]
Function: adjective
Pronunciation: 'ne-g&-tiv[/i]
1 a : marked by denial, prohibition, or refusal <received a negative answer[/i]>[/i] ; also : marked by absence, withholding, or removal of something positive <the negative motivation of shame [/i]-- Garrett Hardin[/i]>[/i] [/i]b (1) : denying a predicate of a subject or a part of a subject <"no A is B" is a negative proposition[/i]>[/i] [/i](2) : denoting the absence or the contradictory of something <[/i]nontoxic is a negative term[/i]>[/i] [/i](3) : expressing negation <negative particles such as [/i]no and [/i]not>[/i] [/i]c : ADVERSE , UNFAVORABLE <the reviews were mostly negative[/i]>[/i] [/i]
2 a : lacking positive qualities[/i] ; especially : DISAGREEABLE [/i][/i]b : marked by features of hostility, withdrawal, or pessimism that hinder or oppose constructive treatment or development <a negative outlook[/i]> <negative criticism[/i]>[/i] [/i]
3 a (1) : less than zero and opposite in sign to a positive number that when added to the given number yields zero <-2 is a negative number[/i]>[/i] [/i](2) : having more outgo than income : constituting a loss <negative cash flow[/i]> <negative worth[/i]>[/i] [/i]b : extending or generated in a direction opposite to an arbitrarily chosen regular direction or position <negative angle[/i]>[/i] [/i]
4 a : being, relating to, or charged with electricity of which the electron is the elementary unit[/i] [/i]b : having more electrons than protons <a negative ion[/i]>[/i] [/i]c (1) : having lower electric potential and constituting the part toward which the current flows from the external circuit <the negative pole[/i]>[/i] [/i](2) : being the electron-emitting electrode of an electron tube[/i] [/i]
5 a : not affirming the presence of the organism or condition in question <a negative TB test[/i]>[/i] [/i]b : directed or moving away from a source of stimulation <negative tropism[/i]>[/i] [/i]c : less than the pressure of the atmosphere <negative pressure[/i]>[/i] [/i]
6 : having the light and dark parts in approximately inverse order to those of the original photographic subject[/i] [/i]
7 of a lens : diverging light rays and forming a virtual inverted image[/i]
- neg·a·tive·lyadverb
- neg·a·tive·nessnoun
- neg·a·tiv·i·ty

/"ne-g&-'ti-v&-te/ noun
__________________________________________________ __________________
Main Entry: 1pos·i·tive

Pronunciation: 'pä-z&-tiv, 'päz-tiv[/i]
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French [/i]positif, from Latin [/i]positivus, from [/i]positus, past participle of [/i]ponere
1 a : formally laid down or imposed : PRESCRIBED <positive laws[/i]>[/i] [/i]b : expressed clearly or peremptorily <his answer was a positive [/i]no>[/i] [/i]c : fully assured : CONFIDENT [/i][/i]
2 a : of, relating to, or constituting the degree of co

Old 03-11-2007, 01:25 PM

My wife and I just got back from a trip to Pa. yesterday
We got 25 Miles to the gallaon with my LTZ. I had CC set on 75 mph for most of the trip.

230 miles on 9 gallons of gas. Equals 25.5 miles to the gallong

left with a full tank got here with above a half of tank.........

I dont think we can complain to much.....
Great mile, very comfortable ride.... GREAT TUNES......
What more can you ask for....

Old 03-11-2007, 01:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Mrrench

My wife and I just got back from a trip to Pa. yesterday
We got 25 Miles to the gallaon with my LTZ. I had CC set on 75 mph for most of the trip.
230 miles on 9 gallons of gas. Equals 25.5 miles to the gallon
left with a full tank got here with above a half of tank.........
I dont think we cant complain to much.....
Great mile, very comfortable ride.... GREAT TUNES......
What more can you ask for....
Hi Michael & thanks for your post & information.
25.5 is great mpg for 75 MPH
Did you have the air/heat on during your trip ?
I noticed, that when I have my a/c on, my mpg goes down 1-2 mpg [X(]
I agree with your comments about your LTZ.
Great car for the money : ) $
Oh, Michael, please post some pic's of your LTZ & share them with the members,
Safe/Happy miles to you,
`Space

Old 03-11-2007, 02:36 PM

Space
At on point we even had the sun roof open coming thru the mountians yesterday on the return trip.
Sping is in the air.....

As far as pic's we will get them soon.

Old 03-11-2007, 05:50 PM

On my trip home, the MPG was 23.3 on the computer. About .3 MPG better than the trip down. Believe it or not, the avg. speed was 73.3 MPH. for the full trip back. Normal highway speed was right around the 80 MPH mark. I did play around with the computer and did see that MPG would increase at a lesser speed.

I really don't expect to achieve the factory mileage estimates, and I don't think anyone should, since the factory mileage estimates are done in a totally controlled situation, which would be impossible to duplicate in the real world. Nevertheless, I think the MPG my SS gets is awesome when you consider the power it has. Who really cares, I didn't buy the thing to save fuel. In reality it gets better than I expected and what more could I want?

Old 03-11-2007, 10:47 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

Class assignment: Look up the below words & give definitions[:-]
Main Entry: 1neg·a·tive

[sm=icon_blah.gif]
Pronunciation: 'ne-g&-tiv[/i]
1 a : marked by denial, prohibition, or refusal <received a negative answer[/i]>[/i] ; also : marked by absence, withholding, or removal of something positive <the negative motivation of shame [/i]-- Garrett Hardin[/i]>[/i] [/i]b (1) : denying a predicate of a subject or a part of a subject <"no A is B" is a negative proposition[/i]>[/i] [/i](2) : denoting the absence or the contradictory of something <[/i]nontoxic is a negative term[/i]>[/i] [/i](3) : expressing negation <negative particles such as [/i]no and [/i]not>[/i] [/i]c : ADVERSE , UNFAVORABLE <the reviews were mostly negative[/i]>[/i] [/i]
2 a : lacking positive qualities[/i] ; especially : DISAGREEABLE [/i][/i]b : marked by features of hostility, withdrawal, or pessimism that hinder or oppose constructive treatment or development <a negative outlook[/i]> <negative criticism[/i]>[/i] [/i]
3 a (1) : less than zero and opposite in sign to a positive number that when added to the given number yields zero <-2 is a negative number[/i]>[/i] [/i](2) : having more outgo than income : constituting a loss <negative cash flow[/i]> <negative worth[/i]>[/i] [/i]b : extending or generated in a direction opposite to an arbitrarily chosen regular direction or position <negative angle[/i]>[/i] [/i]
4 a : being, relating to, or charged with electricity of which the electron is the elementary unit[/i] [/i]b : having more electrons than protons <a negative ion[/i]>[/i] [/i]c (1) : having lower electric potential and constituting the part toward which the current flows from the external circuit <the negative pole[/i]>[/i] [/i](2) : being the electron-emitting electrode of an electron tube[/i] [/i]
5 a : not affirming the presence of the organism or condition in question <a negative TB test[/i]>[/i] [/i]b : directed or moving away from a source of stimulation <negative tropism[/i]>[/i] [/i]c : less than the pressure of the atmosphere <negative pressure[/i]>[/i] [/i]
6 : having the light and dark parts in approximately inverse order to those of the original photographic subject[/i] [/i]
7 of a lens : diverging light rays and forming a virtual inverted image[/i]
- neg·a·tive·lyadverb
- neg·a·tive·nessnoun
- neg·a·tiv·i·ty

/"ne-g&-'ti-v&-te/ noun
__________________________________________________ __________________
Main Entry: 1pos·i·tive

Pronunciation: 'pä-z&-tiv, 'päz-tiv[/i]
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French [/i]positif, from Latin [/i]positivus, from [/i]positus, past participle of [/i]ponere
1 a : formally laid down or imposed : PRESCRIBED <positive laws[/i]>[/i] [/i]b : expressed clearly or peremptorily <his answer was a positive [/i]no>[/i] [/i]c : fully assured : CONFIDENT [/i][/i]
2 a : of, relating to,

Old 03-12-2007, 11:51 PM

I know 2 people who have 06-07 SS and they have never gotten this good of mileage. And as for black & white, have you ever heard "don't believe everything you read?"

Old 03-13-2007, 10:09 AM

ORIGINAL: cain45

I know 2 people who have 06-07 SS and they have never gotten this good of mileage. And as for black & white, have you ever heard "don't believe everything you read?"
[hr]
Yes Cain45, James..., I have heard "Don't believe everything you read?"
James, maybe the two people you know with V-8 SS are not driving as conservative
as another driver of a V-8 SS ? I know there are many factors involved in how one
determines their MPG, but it doesn't mean it's untrue or BS if one driver with
the same type of car is getting better MPG then the other.
[blockquote]

[hr]
quote:
cain45
Date 3/11/2007 1:56:50 AM
[sm=bicker.gif]27MPG in an SS...I call BS. I've yet to hear 1 person who owns an 06-07 SS get anything even remotely close to 25.
[hr]
Now you have heard of one person that is getting better MPG, No BS
[hr]
[/blockquote]

Don't Believe Everything You Read
[/align]It is very important that we take a look at information with a critical eye. We should not assume that because information has been committed to words it is automatically true. Use your common sense. Do some research. Look for reliable sources of information. And don't believe everything you read.[/align][/align]Furthermore, you shouldn't believe everything you see. We have all heard the cliches about photographs:
[ul][*]"A picture's worth a thousand words." [*]"Seeing is believing." [/ul]
With computer technology, this isn't true anymore either. Photo composition software makes it easy for you to manipulate photographs. You can move objects around, stick people's heads on other people's bodies, and fabricate whole photos by copying and pasting items from elsewhere.
* Oh, don't believe anything that `Spacesays of puts in a Post : )

Old 03-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i dont know what i actually get....but the digital display when i'm on the highway says 32-34 mpg when going 65 mph...when going 75-95mph it says around 25-27mpg and when in town i get around 21-22mpg

Quick Reply: Wow, NOT impressed with fuel mileage so far...